Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

N/A to Twin Turbo Conversion HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Default N/A to Twin Turbo Conversion HELP!!

alright i own two cars as of now i have a 1995 mitsubishi 3000gt SL that i have dumped alot of money into the paintjob (if anyone wants me to email pics just let me know), audio, etc....

my best friend owned a 1995 dodge stealth awd tt and i am planning on basically switching every componet on the stealth to my 3000gt what i want to know isif anyone has tried this before and how it turned out and also how much would it cost me .. theres just oneproblem with the stealth he told me that he bent thevalves or something likebut thats the least of my worries ..

Old 04-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Default RE: N/A to Twin Turbo Conversion HELP!!

you can swap the ECU, Injectors, Fuel Pump, Oil Pan, Oil Lines, Oil Cooler, Turbos, Manifolds,Exhaust,Intercoolers, etc, etc and install it on your motor. Everything is Bolt on and plug and play. I would encourage you to buy a datalogger,an electronic or manual boost controller to control boost (set it at 8psi and datalog),a boost gauge,and possibly a new clutch. The conversion is rather simple, and if you have the skills required, it should be completed within a weekend.

The AWD, however, is extremely difficult to install on your vehicle, because the subframe wont bolt on, you'll need to weld it on.

You dont need to worry about the valves if you're keeping your stock heads.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Default RE: N/A to Twin Turbo Conversion HELP!!

Doing the AWD conversion is a waste of time money and resourses. The NA and TT chasis (like stated above) Is different

If you want to the TT conversion you have two options

1: Drop the TT motor in your car (not gonna work if the valves are bent)
2: Turbo your NA motor (easyish as everything will bolt up if you buy the right parts.

Check out Bobthegreats guide.

http://www.bobthegreat.com/pages/myc...rbo/index.html

If you have any questions let me know.