Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Quick Question...VR4s breaking??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned
Default RE: Quick Question...VR4s breaking??

That forum is a great place to go if you are looking for a modded one. If you want a stock one.. then go to autotrader

Old 05-15-2007, 01:02 PM

A stock, unmodified VR-4 that has been well taken care of by previous owners will treat you well. Unfortunately, you have to sort through a lot of not so nice cars to find one. And those that did take good car of their cars know what they are worth.

As for reliability, in my family alone, we have 5 3000GTs and/or Stealths. 2 VR-4s, 1 TT, 1 R/T, and 1 SL. The non-turbo cars (with manual trans) are the most reliable. The fiance's VR4 was INCREDIBLY reliable until he started modding it (Cheap, fast, reliable - pick two syndrome). My VR-4 is highly modded, but I take good care of it and it has treated me well. The TT is a 3.5 liter conversion with a few bugs to work out.Parts can be spendy, and mods are even more so. But do VR-4s break more often than DSMs?? Depends on the specific car and the driver.

Safety wise, these are great cars. At a track, two guys in a VR4 hit a wall at 100+ mph. It was not head-on but the collision spun the car and it impacted the wall on all sides before it came to a stop. Both guys walked away uninjured.

Locally we hang out with a lot of mixed Mitsubishi guys. There are 500+ HP Evos, fully track prepped DSMs, streetable DSMs,stock and modified 3000GTs and a couple of stock Stealths. THEY ALL have bugs and issues. It depends on how knowledgeable the owners are, how well they maintain their cars, and how they drive them.

AND, IMHO, the DSM is a chic car. 90% of DSMs I see on the street are NAs driven by high school girls talking on their cells. Be a cool chic. Get a VR-4.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

LOL your fuuuuunny.

You should post a little more round here.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

LOL your fuuuuunny.

You should post a little more round here.
was that a serious post sebba? or a sarcastic one?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Serious

Old 05-15-2007, 11:13 PM

yeah i def wanna get one not modded.....why would i want something someone else already beat on or that was someone elses baby. anyways...yeahhh about looking on auto trader or craigslist....there arent any....at alllll. Not in my area theyre all like in michigan or like southern-ish states...too far to drive to get a car.

and as far as dsms being a "chic" car.....you OBVIOUSLY havent seen any of the ones out here. No girls have dsms....only like the auto non-turbos. But pretty much every one has a GSX or TSI so...yeah

Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

I guess you have to be willing to travel the distance. I take it your boyfriend isnt going to lend a hand lol.

I defenatly understand about not wanting something someone has beaten to ****.

So what now?

Old 05-15-2007, 11:56 PM

yeah he will but hes not gonna take that much time out to ONLY go look at a car for me. He wont buy anything, or let me buy anything without him doing a once over and a compression test...as well as checking the oil. It would be just my luck to go look at one thats like....10hrs away or more and then finding metal shavings in the oil or low compression.

idk...i am thinking now that maybe ill get a GSX and put the good big talon bumper on it...get it painted and ****..do whatever mods to it and then just keep my eye out for a vr-4 cause it sounds like im not gonna find one under 10k in good condition...and im def not gonna find one around here.

the other thing i was thinking is we found a VR4 shell....in good condition so maybe ill buy that and hang onto it and have my GSX in the mean time until i get a motor and such.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:57 PM

blahhhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-16-2007, 08:23 AM

Don't get too discouraged. It took me 6 years to find the TT I wanted.

Quick Reply: Quick Question...VR4s breaking??