Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

Should i Get a VR4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Should i Get a VR4?

Where would you find one of those though? Wouldn't that be a pretty hard car to find?

Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Banned

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eagle...00223319QQrdZ1

Not really

Old 03-29-2007, 01:14 AM

What google search did you do? (assuming you used google)

One problem: its tugly...lol

Also, wouldn't it be kinda hard to tell how good of a job he did and if it is going to be reliable at all?

Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Banned

No. They dont build the engines themselves.

If you are going to spend $$$$$ on forged parts then its highly unlikely that they would cut corners. I guess there is no real way to tell... but the person has all the reciepts so it looks fine to me.

The parts that have gone into the motor wont break unless you seriously seriously abuse them.

It might not be the best looking... but do you really care? It comes with the eclipse 97-99 front bumper.. and that will make things look 100x better. If you are like me... you will apreciate power over looks... and this will satisfy you.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:53 AM

Ya, prolly right. Its just that i have my brother and dad looking over my shoulder: they're highly suspecious peoples, so they need significant evidence that this car isn't a total scam piece of crap.

Is it possible to take off that little spoiler on the back window? That's the part that really makes it ugly, other than that, it isn't that bad.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Banned

Yeah its possible. Its very commonly done too.

Well if that person has the reciepts then its highly unlikely to be a scam. The guy sounds like he knows what he is doing because he uses very well known parts that i personally recomend to people when they are building a similar setup.

If this was a scam... then the person would have had to do months of research in order to know those things lol.

Looks clean to me.

Granted, its not the best looking.... but for the cash you cant to better.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 AM

Ok, but isn't the reliablilty going to be not as good as some other car due to it being almost totally custom? What about insurance and gas?

Old 03-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Banned

Gas will be very dependant on how you drive. You can get as much as 27 mpg (i did in the GST) or as little as 19.

No thats the beauty of it. Since the engine has forged internals they are extremely tough

Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 AM

Trust sebba he is really good at his age (and curses him for the g35! damn sexy car!!!!), but if what this people said (who all have valid points) didnt get the vr4 out of your mind, in my sane mind and only my 2 cents..... id recommend you'd keep the money and buy a used old car.... not very reliable, but it will force you to learn all the basics and stuff, and then get your dream car, when you think you can understand most of the cars inner working. I started rough on a 83 gti, and i do know now a bit more about engines than the average at my city.... you have to learn how to walk before you can run.... but if you really wanna start on the fast lane, something like that talon looks great, the 2g is really a mod friendly car. Cheers

Old 03-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Banned

Thanks!

Although being 16 i can kinda relate to the dude. You dont want your first car to be something you hate. You want it to be something you want.. and something you will love for the rest of your life. Getting to school and back is going to be important.. something unreliable isnt going to cut it... not to mention a beater is not a poon magnet.. and in h/s thats important.

Just get to know the car before you do anything crazy eh?

Quick Reply: Should i Get a VR4?