Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

All sorts of problems... seems like ECU

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Exclamation All sorts of problems... seems like ECU

Kudos to anyone that can figure this out.... So I ordered a new keyless FOB unit off of ebay, read many reviews, since my brother (previous owner) misplaced the previous/factory one. I was following the instructions (saying to jump and ground Terminal 1 of the DLC) but was upside down, the plug was backwards, and ended up jumping and grounding the wrong Terminal--Terminal 16 if you were wondering. I kept at it for a while to no avail, eventually took it up to the local Autozone (I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, if you have not already figured that out) and noticed on the drive up that the following were not working: power locks (if I tried to lock the doors it would lock and then immediately switch back to unlock--if the car was turned off they would not respond at all), the dome light, streo, homelink, clock, and the radio... Also, I always keep my trip odometer on the dash and noticed that it was set to the total mileage, thought nothing of it... later after I powered off the car, and turned it back on noticed it was set to it again and that the trip odometer was being reset everytime the car was powered off. Same with the A/C, I would have it on 65 and high, and once I powered the car back on again it would be reset to the default (something like 75 and low, or whatever). In addition to all of this, when I turn it on sometimes when I am in park, reverse, or idling at a stoplight the RPM's would studder and eventually lower to 0, shutting the car off... would not happen all of the time though. I checked the battery and it was giving off well above 12V... so I was wondering if anyone here could diagnose the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciate, and I have a feeling I have done something absolutely awful, and potentially costly, when I was just trying to program a new FOB... I figured the whole ECU could not be messed up, or else the car wouldnt start? maybe? Please help!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:17 PM

oh, I also checked the fuses of all the components that were not working and they were not blown...

Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 PM

you have blown the IOD fuse under the hood.

its located in a small yellow encasement inside the black fuse panel.