Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

I need help for buying a car. please leave some comments as soon as possible

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Default I need help for buying a car. please leave some comments as soon as possible

i am buying 2002 Mitsubishi Diamante VR-X. it has 42000 miles on it. Car fax report does not show any problems. i test drove it. it was very smooth and i did not feel anything but the alignment. I like the car. car has some scratches. I do not know anything about diamantes at all. never thought of buying it but just made a deal. tomorrow i have to drop off the check and pick up the car. deal was set around 11000 dollars. please let me know if i should buy it or not. any problems with this year or not? please let me know. i will really appericiate the comments. please i need your help. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Default RE: I need help for buying a car. please leave some comments as soon as possible

the only real common issue is that the heater core "o" rings leak on many diamantes.. that will lead to coolant entering the car.
they can be replaced, but the labor is intensive (there is an updated part for the "o"ring).

otherwise, the cars are reliable, comfortable, and powerful.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Default RE: I need help for buying a car. please leave some comments as soon as possible

thanks for the comments. i can fix little bit stuff myself as long as its not big. i really dont know about cars but i can replace the parts easily. on my galant i replaced the radiator, intake manifold, engine mounts. it was alot of work but it came out perfectly. so only it can have coolant problem. i hope it does not happen. thanks alot anyway.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:44 AM

i baught it today and it runs perfect. i hope it stays that way. thanks anyway for info.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 AM

i have a question can anyone tell me that how many gallons does diamante vrx takes to fill tank. mine goes on empty on 14 gallons. is something wrong with the gas tank or or it still has 5 gallons while the point is on E. please any comment would be helpful. thanks.