2008 Eclipse Fuel Pump - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Eclipse & Eclipse Spyder For years, the Eclipse line has stood for cutting edge styling and performance at an affordable price.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Old 05-15-2018, 08:41 AM

Default 2008 Eclipse Fuel Pump

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking for diagrams or pictures or anything about the 2008 eclipse fuel pump.

I'm almost positive it is the fuel pump based on the issues described (was having trouble starting,would give gas and it would start, now it turns over but just doesn't start).

Anyway......I'm looking to check the relays, fuses and the actual fuel pump.....having trouble finding any videos or diagrams for a 2008 specifically...

If anyone has anything on this, it would be greatly appreciated! Can i use other vidoes or diagrams......different year models? No clue.

Thanks,

Fubs
Old 05-30-2018, 09:36 AM

Default Found the fuel pump

I just watched a video of a different year Eclipse and it showed it under the back seat.

So i removed the back seat and there it was! Now it is different than the video...not exactly in the same spot and the part is different (video showed fuel pump assembly with two fuel lines....mine only has one fuel line).

Just ordered a fuel pump assembly off Ebay for $160. Should be here in few days, will update.

Now....I still haven't located the fuel pump relay....if anyone has any clues, please let me know. My luck, i'll replace the fuel pump but the relay was bad.

Also, where is the computer at in this car that runs the fuel pump? Anyone know? Have a feeling i can replace the fuse, relay and pump but i'll still need to replace this.

Thanks,

FUBS