Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

'04 Endeavor LS AWD Tailgate Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Default '04 Endeavor LS AWD Tailgate Problem

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD

So here is my new problem. My tailgate wont open. This happened about 2 years ago and the mechanic narrowed it down to the tailgate release handle. I think he said there are two contacts in there and they weren’t working so the actuator wouldn’t engage and open the tailgate.

So now I have the same problem. I bought a new tailgate release handle and it still doesn’t work. My mechanic took everything apart and learned that there is no current going to the tailgate release until the handle is pressed and then the actuator will pop the tailgate. We have done everything, fuses are okay, wires are okay, I think I once saw this is a known problem with the Endeavor.

So you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Howard Douglas

Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 PM

Looks like I have the same problem. It happened earlier this evening. When your mechanic looked at it 2 years ago, did he find a solution? Did you buy a new release handle from a dealership? Did the dealership install it or was it your mechanic? When you find an answer or some clues, please post.