Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2004 Endeavor AWD (Propeller Shaft/ Engine whining issue) Warranty Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Post 2004 Endeavor AWD (Propeller Shaft/ Engine whining issue) Warranty Questions

Hi all, just bought a 2004 Endeavor Limited AWD (94k miles) a month ago and I'm new to this forum. I have a few questions to ask...

Issue#1) So I know there's A LOT of discussion about the propeller shaft issue with earlier endeavors and my car definitely shows the same whining noise symptoms etc. I'm not the original owner and my car has 94k miles on it...any chance that I'm still covered under the 100k mile drivetrain warranty? Is the prop. shaft issue covered by a recall? SHOULD it be covered by a recall? Does mitsubishi realize that this issue has come up with pretty much every earlier AWD endeavor built (based on countless threads about it)? Should I have to pay to fix it? Is there a way to get mitsu to fix it for free? How much does it cost to fix it otherwise without warranty?

Issue #2) The steering wheel shakes a little at higher speeds ~55+ mph. What could be causing this?

Issue #3) My steering wheel radio controls stopped working. All buttons worked at one point, but in an intermittent way (the left buttons would work, then the right ones only, then none would work...very weird). At least I know that the buttons are connected to the stereo. But what could the problem be?? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help/advise!! Even with these issues, I still love the endeavor!

Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lithium
Hi all, just bought a 2004 Endeavor Limited AWD (94k miles) a month ago and I'm new to this forum. I have a few questions to ask...

Issue#1) So I know there's A LOT of discussion about the propeller shaft issue with earlier endeavors and my car definitely shows the same whining noise symptoms etc. I'm not the original owner and my car has 94k miles on it...any chance that I'm still covered under the 100k mile drivetrain warranty? Is the prop. shaft issue covered by a recall? SHOULD it be covered by a recall? Does mitsubishi realize that this issue has come up with pretty much every earlier AWD endeavor built (based on countless threads about it)? Should I have to pay to fix it? Is there a way to get mitsu to fix it for free? How much does it cost to fix it otherwise without warranty?
if its hout of warranty, you need to pay. just because a few people have experienced it certainly doesnt mean all will. only a small percentage ever have. you just see the ones that have, not the ones that havent. if you wanna know if you have warranty left, call your local dealer, but chances are you dont.
so yes, you will have to pay most likely. youre talking about a 5 year old car with 100,000 miles on it.
Issue #2) The steering wheel shakes a little at higher speeds ~55+ mph. What could be causing this?
have your tires balanced for a start.
Issue #3) My steering wheel radio controls stopped working. All buttons worked at one point, but in an intermittent way (the left buttons would work, then the right ones only, then none would work...very weird). At least I know that the buttons are connected to the stereo. But what could the problem be?? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help/advise!! Even with these issues, I still love the endeavor!
could be a lotta things. dont just guess... have it diagnosed.