Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2004 Endeavor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Default 2004 Endeavor Problem

Recently my 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor with all wheel drive kicks in when the roads are bad. I'm in central Wisconsin and the roads where i live are covered with ice and snow much of the time during the winter. Since about a couple of weeks ago after a snowfall it has been acting like it wants to spin around. So i took it to the tire shop and had 4 new tires put on thinking it was just the tires because the one in the back passenger side was better than the rest. During the summer before i went on a trip with it i noticed that the back passenger side tire had less tread than the others so i just thought a bad tire and put the new spare on. Well anyways after i got the new tires on it still acted like it wanted to spin around. Well after a day of going about 30 -35mph and still not felling safe i took a look under it and noticed a traction control bar was broke in the left front. So i fixed that today and it is better now i can go 50 - 55mph, but once i hit some ice or snow on the road the back end feels like it wants to come around. I went back under and there was nothing that i could see. It is almost like only one tire in the back is kicking in and giving it a jerk.

Is there a censer that is giving me trouble?

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Default RE: 2004 Endeavor Problem

worn control arm bushings on the rear lower lateral arm.
any mitsu dealer can replace just the bushings on both sides (cause they will BOTH be shot) in about an hour each.