Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Endeavor Info, looking for an Endeavor

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Default Endeavor Info, looking for an Endeavor

Hi all,

We've recently started looking for an Endeavor for the wifey, and have a few questions. Firstly is there any way to tell if a vehicle is AWD or not easily? There seems to be virtually no AWD models near us, and I was curious if that was just from the dealers not knowing if they're AWD or not. Is there an easy way to tell?

Since this will be the wifey's car, I'm very interested in safety features. I'd preferably like all of them. Are there certain years and/or models to look at for them? I'm seeing that the SE and Limited models should have everything, but that an 08+ LS should also have it all.

Alternatively, how well do the 2WD models work in rain/snow? We get lots of rain here in South FL, but we may be moving to Colorado and so snow may be a very real part of our lives soon.

Is there a base model and an LS? It seems all the ones listed are listed as LS models, I don't want to accidentally get a base model without the ABS/TCS/ etc. by not looking at the right time.

Overall, how do you like them? I'm not looking for a Range Rover, I expect that with their low price the interior won't be amazing, we're mostly looking for a big safe SUV for her. Is there anything in particular to look or watch for?

Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Smile 2004 Endeavor

I purchased a 2004 Endeavor Limited for my wife 2 years ago, it didn't come with 4 wheel or all wheel drive. It works great for her and it was a better price compared to a 4runner. Our limited has AC in the rear. I noticed that not all have this feature. It also has leather and a sunroof, which is huge.
The sun roof is starting to have a hissing sound, other than that it's running strong. I got with 80K miles it has 110K now. The only thing that i did was to replace the timing belt and the water pump. Other than that it's just routine maintainance, oil changes, and break pads. The air pressure light is always on but I check the tires regularly so that's not a problem to me. I don't see wasting a couple of hundred dollars on new TPMS.
The gas mileage is not as good as my brother's 2004 4Runner, but not by much. Since my wife only drives short distances it's not an issue. I have replaced the fog lights a couple of times, for some reason one of them keeps burning out quick. Minor issue to me.
Transmission is good, haven't had any issues.
Breaks were just like a normal car no issues there.
Never had a problem with heating or AC.
I would say find a good one with low miles, and if you don't have any history maintainance, change the timing belt and water pump, that's what my mechanic said. Other than that it will last forever.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 AM

AWD : there should be a label or "AWD" written somewhere on the back of the SUV if it is. Mine is on the bottom right corner of the rear windshield, check there.

Safety : for the 2008 Endeavor, it gets excellent NHTSA ratings, however the IIHS ratings for roof strength and rear crash protection/head restraint are considered poor. Something to consider.

Handling: A 2WD SUV is going to handle rain and snow about as well as you'd expect... lousy. I believe the 2WD Endeavor is FWD which is good, but if you are thinking about moving to CO (tons of snow) I would seriously recommend an AWD package.

Models: There is an SE and an LS model. I have an LS, but I am not really sure what the major differences are between the two.

Thoughts: I love my Endeavor. Perfect size for me, great ride, plenty of room, no complaints.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM

i have a 2007 endeavor SE AWD...There is a small black sticker on the window that says AWD on it..
I live in NYC and with the winter we have gotten already the AWD comes in very handy, so if I were moving to Colorado, I would get an AWD model..I have about 56000 miles on mine..The only major repair that was done was a full tranny flush by mitsu(about 200 bucks)

My wife primarily drives the Endeavor with my 3 kids in it and she feels safer in this truck that any other vehicle we have owned, so I would definitely recommend the truck for your wife to travel either in Florida or Colorado...good luck

Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Well the Endeavor is a splendid choice. I have worked as a service advisor for Mitsu for the last 4 years and we dont have any troubles with any of the product.

Personally I would buy the AWD version especially with the probability of moving to Colorado. The FWD models dont do the greatest in snow. Even with a good tire, they still lack the grip and mobility of the AWD ones in the winter months.

We have a few customers out there with Endeavors with 200+ k on them and they have done nothing but basic routine maintenance.

You wont be disappointed with any of the models of Endeavor.

Happy Hunting and post pictures when you find one.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM

I have a 2004 and the only problem that I had was an A/C water condensation leak from the A/C's evaporator. So make sure that the driver's side floor carpet is bone dry or be ready to pay Mitsubishi a grand ($1,000.00) as this repair requires that the dash be pulled out, the A/C system drained of freon, the evaporator removed, and all this to change a $1.50 gasket between the firewall and the evaporator? Certainly something to consider!! You can see this problem here on posts or ask any dealer what they charge to repair this problem as it is real.