Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2005 mitsubishi endeavor transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Default 2005 mitsubishi endeavor transmission problem

Dear friends, I am having an issue with my endeavor. The Neutral light flashes while the car is in motion. Also When the car is pushed on reverse, it jerks before moving.... I need your advice. NEDU

Old 12-26-2016, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by NEDU-MCHILLS
Dear friends, I am having an issue with my endeavor. The Neutral light flashes while the car is in motion. Also When the car is pushed on reverse, it jerks before moving.... I need your advice. NEDU
I'm having a similar problem, My Mitsubishi Endeavor 2005 was been driven by me normally in a highway around 100km/h (60mi/h) and suddenly felt like a stopngo and after that transmission was on 3rd and neutral light flashing.

I stopped, turned off the car. After this car returned to normality. Did anyone found a solution. Tomorrow I'll take it to service.

Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Default 2004 XLS Edition AWD

That's the EXACT thing my Endeavor is doing. My husband and I bought it used just last March at 149k on the dot. I already knew we would be dealing with the tranny this year, but I'm confused on whether the right move is to replace or rebuild, which could cost more than replacing - according to AAMCO... Apparently it's a gear ratio with 3/4 that pops up as the code.

Okay, so here's what happened.... I believe it was the weekend after Thanksgiving, not the immediately following Black Friday weekend, Monday morning just after 5 in the morning. We live in Anaheim, my husband works 5p-5a every Sunday. The ride home is usually 1-2 songs, the 5/91 split is always empty until morning rush. I turn onto the on ramp for 5 South and go to accelerate up the ramp and my foot hits the floor and the car revs damn near all the way, if not past the red. I could not drive it in D, my husband had to switch with me and put her in sport more to see if she'd move. She did, but the second it shifted into 3rd, it got stuck and would rev but not move any faster. Took it to AAMCO around Dec 1-4, told me they could drop the tranny and see if it can even be rebuilt, or I can just replace the whole unit since I'd like to keep it another year or two. The car was drivable for another week or so, then 2nd finally went out and now the N flashes the second I leave P, and it's stuck in 3rd gear but I can still put-put it around the neighborhood when we need groceries. My Mom has a 2002 Montero, never had a problem with the tranny. Now, my Endeavor was bought from North Carolina in 2015 by the dealership we bought it from in 2016. Car was upkept, but my husband and I strongly believe the previous owners were extremely rough with it. Carfax says it was last tuned up or serviced in August of 2015 when it arrived in CA, no service records for the 2-3 years it was living in NC. Is it really worth it?

Side Note: we have a title loan that we've had to fall behind on because we're trying to flush the tranny fluid to see if it helps any, but my husband work 6 days a week so you can guess how much time he's had to look. I'd do it but the husband sleeps 8-10 hours & our 2 toddlers would holler at me from the bedroom window because they think I'm hurting the car. 😂 I've suggested we contact them and see if they'll offer any help, contract says we're responsible for extra money put out by them for repairs or additional monies borrowed by us, just to protect their interest... Well I got almost $9k interest if we stick to the payment plan and don't pay off early... I'm almost positive they'll do whatever it takes to protect that interest. 😂 But husband doesn't think it'd do any good since we're behind. We can't pay for both, so we stay in default until they repo it, again. OR would it be worth it to see if they'll offer to fix it since we plan on setting up an auto pay for March 3 to pay it off? We've been without a car for 4 years, and I'm not physically strong enough to lug 2 toddlers and a preteen through the bus routes again. And, we lose the car and husband has to get 2 jobs because I won't be able to get a full time position until the car is replaced, husband can not get his licence for another year or so, so I have to lug him around, too.

Sorry if it got long, but thank you so much for any input.

Old 05-19-2020, 01:45 PM

Dear friends, I am having an issue with my endeavor. The Neutral light flashes while the car is in motion. Also When the car is pushed on reverse, it jerks before moving.... I need your advice. NEDU.

I as waiting for any answers to the above problems NEDU posted. I'm having a similar problems with my Mitsubishi Endeavor 2005 right now. I cannot drive up to a block when the blinking or flashing
N comes up. I am worried not to create major problems.