Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

BRAND NEW ENDEAVOR CABIN LEAKING

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Default BRAND NEW ENDEAVOR CABIN LEAKING

Hi i am new to forum so here goes. i just picked up my new endeavor on 12/29 its a 05 leftover and i took it driving on 12/31 in a short snow fall we had up here in NJ . which soon turned to slushy rain. the next morning i went out to my garage and noticed the driver side carpet was soaking wet. not the floor mat that was perfectly dry. all the windows were shut. it took me an hour to soak up all the water with towels. i am freaking out because i have no idea where this water is leaking in from. i called the dealer whose sevice dept. is closed on 12/02. i am wondering how i should handle this situation. i am having nightmares thinking i'll have a mildew smell now in my brand new truck or that the dealer will not help me. i am not very trusting of car dealerships and have not delt with these guys before. any help from other members would be appreciated. i was really loving this truck and now i am so upset. thanks

Old 01-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Default RE: BRAND NEW ENDEAVOR CABIN LEAKING

There are a few TSB's issued regarding water entry into the Endeavor cabin. Take it into your nearest dealer and have them do the work under warranty. Nicely and tactfully insist that they replace the interior carpeting as that can also be considered a warrantable repair. The last thing you want to do start raising your voice and demanding things as you can get the run around big time. Good LUck!

Joel, CA

Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Thanks for the tips i brought it in to the dealer this morning and i was given a loaner car. i printed out the TSB'S and gave them to the service guy. i hope they can resolve this quickly. i was really loving the truck and this problem really ruined my excitement. i saw them pull up the carpet and there is lots of insulation under it. do you think that will dry out without causing a mildew odor problem ?thanks for your advice.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:14 AM

The replacement carpet that you tactfully insisted that they install will have it's own insulation. The old one will come out with the soaked carpet.

Joel, CA

Old 01-04-2006, 07:21 PM

i spoke to the service manager today first he said the car would be ready today. then said we found a kinked drainage hose but we are not sure and we are waiting to water test the vehicle. i said you should find out and fix exactly what is wrong and should also replace interior carpets. he said he would need to get authorization from mitsubishi for that. later he called back saying mitsu approved the carpets and that car would be ready probably friday but never said what was wrong with it.
i called mitsubishi directly spoke with a case manager and she in turn spoke to the district rep who knew nothing of my car or the replacement carpets. i was told they would follow up with dealer. i explained i don't want to be advasarial with the dealer but i am very worried that i could have all kinds of problems down the road with a vehicle that had considerable water in the floor what about corrosion or electrical problems ?? i guess i am just worrying to much. i appreciate the help i am receiving from other members. thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 01:07 PM

My Endeavor had the same problem but was leaking into the passenger side. My dad the crafty mechanic that he is looked the car over for me. He found what appeared to be a design flaw (surprise!) with a vent that goes from the firewall in the engine compartment into the dash. It would seem that condensation or rainwater that had gathered near the vent would be sucked in as the vent had no built in way to prevent it. The fix (and i'm not kidding): duct tape and a piece from a milk carton. Problem solved. He basically created a homemade baffle. Dad rocks!