Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Endeavor Transmission R/N/D Not Engaging, Stuck in Park, Shifting Feels Loose

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Question Endeavor Transmission R/N/D Not Engaging, Stuck in Park, Shifting Feels Loose

Hi, the transmission on my '04 Endeavor Limited AWD (105k miles) is not shifting/engaging into anything, it's stuck in Park. Changing from Park to the Reverse, Neutral, Drive feels very loose compared to how it was before. Any clue what the problem is?

I haven't had any problems with my transmission/shifting/engaging before this. So this morning, I was parking and went up on a curb a little bit, all I remember is shifting to park and then when I tried to shift to anything else, it felt loose and even the P R N D on the dashboard is stuck on the green P and won't change to anything else. On a side note, I changed the oil with mobil 1 full synthetic and changed the filter myself a couple of weeks ago, I don't think this has to do with it but this is the only recent thing that's been done to it.

I'm still at work right now, I figure I'll get it towed later. Any clues as to what the problem might be? Where I should take it? Number of hours of overtime I'll have to work to get this fixed? etc..

Thanks for any help!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:21 PM

sounds like you could have a shifter cable issue. if the indicator light on the dash doesnt move from park, the trans isnt bieng shifted into any gear. check the cable at the trans, if no problem is found there gonna have to check it at the shifter.