Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Endeavor Water problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Default Endeavor Water problem

I love my Endeavor.. or DID until water drips from the heater blower and a big "sloshing" sound when I make a turn. There is a TSB for the problem, but all I see is a summary. and I would like to know the fix before I have to go to the dealer... any ideas??
(TSB 0355008)

Thanks,

JB

Old 05-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Default RE: Endeavor Water problem

Sorry to hear you're having a problem. I'm not sure this would help at all but I did read somewhere about a filter you can get to help with pollen getting inside if you have allergies doubt it would help with water but it was a thought. Let us know what the dealer says I would like to keep up on any potential problems.

Old 05-29-2004, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the reply...

I ended up taking it to the DEALER, and, after I HELPED the guy find the hole, he ended up with a gallon or so of water on his head, and I was $80 poorer. (not under warranty)

Oh, well, next time I can handle it!

jb

Old 04-11-2005, 04:39 PM

I have a 2003 Montero Limited and I had that problem of water getting int he heater ducts and sloshing around. The dealer cleaned it out for me for free but I want to know where the drain is. I understand that the drain gets plugged with a leaf or something which causes water to build up in the ducts. Where is the drain?

Old 04-18-2005, 04:33 PM

its right on top, after the hood.notice the black grill by your wiper?? those are ducts for air. now to drain it, you'll have to access thru fender inside panel.its located inside the fender,(side structure )when you open the door, it should be by the hinge system.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 AM

I have a 2002 lancer with the same problem. Where can I find the hose for my case? Do I need to dissasemble the dashboard or anything? Do you know any link that does have like a guide or a detailed component layout of my car?

Thanks

Old 08-02-2006, 03:19 PM

My best suggestion is to call and visit a dealership.. I had all kinds of opinions offered to me, none of which worked out.. So I called and visited the dealership for the answer. I had to visit the dealership to talk to the mechanic that would actually fix the problem, before I got the correct answer.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:40 PM

the drain on an endeavor is not accesable from the outside of the car.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:32 PM

Yes it is NOTaccessable. I found that out the hard way. The dealership fixed it but it was not for free.. And I posted such on one of my previous posts.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:56 PM

just to let others know, the 04 and up galant and 06 and up eclipse share the same HVAC system, so the drain is not accessable from the outside of those, either.

you could eliminate all the potential problems by installing a cabin filter.

Quick Reply: Endeavor Water problem