Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Grill insert

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Default Grill insert

Anyone know where I can find an accessory that fits below the bumper in the space between the fog lights? That area has the radiator completely exposed and I have heard of others having problems with stones kicking up from the road and punching holes in their radiators. I need something their to protect it. Not something like the big tubular grill guards, but something like a grill insert or screen. Thanks!

T

Old 02-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Default RE: Grill insert

I just ordered one of thes :grille insert

Old 02-19-2005, 08:00 PM

Scole44: This looks like exactly what I have been looking for. Have you installed it yet? How easy was it to do? I am not much of a mechanic.

Note to NewToMitsu: Do this or something else ASAP!! I am one of those people you have heard about that has already lost a radiator. I barely put a 1000 miles on the car when it happened. Cost over $1000 dollars (inculding car rental etc.) to replace and Mitsubishi Customer Service is totally useless.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 PM

Well The guy I ordered from said that He had problems with the manufacturers so it will be shipped this week. But as soon as I recieve it I am installing it that day. Ill let you know how it goes

Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 PM

Just bought a 2004 Endeavor in January and I'm loving it! I would also like to know how you make out with your grill insert when you get it. Thanks. Nick.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Grill insert installed. It is one of the great investment protecting the radiator. Highly recommended.

Other new addin are hood protector, sunroof wind delfector, rear mud guard and side windows wind deflector. I'm thinking about running board, any comments and experience?

Old 05-20-2005, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: leongs

Grill insert installed. It is one of the great investment protecting the radiator. Highly recommended.

Other new addin are hood protector, sunroof wind delfector, rear mud guard and side windows wind deflector. I'm thinking about running board, any comments and experience?

Excellent! Any chance at all you could email pictures of it? And how did it install: drill, clips, or...? I have had the hood protector installed but I wish I had gone with the one from WeatherTech. I just don't like the Mitsubishi one that's held on by 4 metal straps. Also had the fog lights installed, got a cargo tray for the rear which works great and rear flaps. Last week I had the fender flares installed. The ONLY thing I was never crazy about was the huge vertical drop of the fenders but the fender flares really added a nice dimension to the wheel wells. I was hesitant in the beginning but I think it's the best $550 I ever spent, on a car anyway. Any one need pictures I'd be happy to email them. The few you find online at parts places don't really give a good view of them.

Nick

Old 05-24-2005, 12:03 PM

The dealer service installed for me with metal brackets and screws. It looks exactly the same as above grill insert link photo. I am not sure about the cooling factor for the radiator since it has changed from open air to filter through grill layer. I will soon find out this summer.

Old 07-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Default Running boards

Hi! I have a 2004 Endeavor, have had it over a year now. Love it! It's certainly NOT a slug on the road, and neither am I!
I have the running boards, in response to the question. Pretty much, you better have long legs to get in and out (which I do), because they stick out a bit from the body of the car. Takes some getting used to. But, look great!
You definitely will need the wind deflector if you have the sun roof! Love the sun roof, but the wind noise is terrible without the deflector.[/size][/size]