Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Ayc

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Default Ayc

Yes another evo question. (doesn't seem to many people post in the evo part of this forum) But anyways my question is this has anyone ever tried to install or heard of someone installing the AYC on a USDM evo 8 or 9? More or less curious as to how one would go about it. Such as installation and parts (AYC and a different computer id assume) and as far as i can tell from other Mitsubishi forums, its useless and breaks rather easily and a LSD pretty much does the same thing? But being rather new to AWD systems im not sure how true that is.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 PM

The Evo X in US has the YAW control. the 8 and 9s do not and you can not realistically put it in. The cost would not be worth the end product.

It is not usless and an LSD does not do the same thing. AYC allows the car to transfer power front to back left to right. So in a corner it can tranfer more power to the wheel that need it while taking power out of the wheels that are loosing grip.

Go drive an Evo 8 or 9 esspecailly one with acd you will forget all about AYC because the handleing even without ayc is out of this world.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 PM

I'll take you word for it emonz im still in dire search for an evo (05 evo 8 or 06 evo 9 those have acd right?) but if its not basically the same im questioning the integrity of the other mitsu/evo forums now lol

Old 08-19-2011, 03:56 PM

As far as I know the Evo 8 and Evo 9 are the same car except that the 9 has MiVEC whereas the 8 didn't. In any case, I hear that MiVEC is usually disabled when people modify their Evos so just buy the one that's in better condition and a better deal in general.