Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Buschur

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Default Buschur

So I've been looking to buy an evo for awhile now (finally found one in Indy) and i found an 05 evo 8 Mr, but when i popped the hood i saw all sorts of stuff that said Buschur, but i don't think I've ever heard of this company, the car is a little above $23,000 with a little over 32k miles on it. I'd prefer to buy a stock evo but those are few and on the other side of the country, anyways is Buschur a good performance company or some knock off company that does more harm than good?

Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Burshur is a big name in the EVO world. He's right up there with AMS.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM

sounds good then, but i dont think i'll be getting this evo, when i had the salesman start it i pulled the oil cap off and the magical black smoke rolled lol, oh well maybe the next one i find

Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Why would you remove the cap? Just get a leakdown and compression test. That will assure you the motor is fine. I highly doubt a buschur tuned and modded car with that few of milage has any issues.

IMO I would rate Buschur above AMS quality. I think they have become the cornerstone for the 4g63/4b11 motors. AMS is up there but they have also moved alot of attention to the N54 in the BMWs and some other cars. Buschur seems to still have new more up to date things coming out even for the 03-06 Evos.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 PM

but i dont know if buschur put the parts on the car since it was an auction car i think the previous owner did it himself not sure.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM

also i thought removing the cap and if smoke came out the engine was burning oil or something else?

Old 08-30-2010, 08:10 AM

It is a turbo motor it will burn some oil. If you remove the cap while the car is running or after it was just running for a while it will prob puff a little. For one it is hot inside and not as hot outside.

Trust me there is no way that car has a motor issue. I would highly doubt it. There are Evos with 200K on them and running more mods than bolt ons. The issue with these car is not the motor. It is the drivetrain. If the car was beaten on you would know it. THe tranny would struggle to go in gear it will feel notchy and grind and the drivetrain will howl and whine while driving (normal for first gear but not others)

Old 09-01-2010, 01:34 PM

I see, but i wasnt allowed to test drive the car without signing papers and putting down a $2500 deposit, the manager was a dick as well but im still looking for an evo, but with how everythings looking on finding one i might have to live with getting a gsx eclipse nothing wrong with them.. just prefer an evo lol

Old 09-01-2010, 01:36 PM

also just curious since everyone says the evo drivetrain sucks, is it just the transmission or is it the differentials and the transfer case as well? and i know the 5 speed is better than the 6 speed, are there any companies that sell built transmissions for these cars or beefed up internals for them like some hardend steel or something?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Nothing wrong with a GSX? Do you know anything about them? They are very very unreliable and break A LOT.

As far as the drivetrain on the Evo, It is really not that bad. Only the people who really abuse the cars or run alot of road course events and launching alot break them.

I had 40k miles on my car and it was around 400HP, the new owner is at like 90k and 505HP and it is still on the stock drivetrain minus the clutch. At 40k the stock clutch was still fine on my car and from 12k-37k was on bolt ons with a tune. I ran the 1/4 for 4 passes at around 400HP and the new owner has run the car in the 1/4 a bunch of times.

The parts that break are the syncros on the tranny and the gearing in the T case. both of which can be built by Shep racing and a few other companies.

The biggest thing is to be sure to change the fluids in the tranny, tcase and rear end every 10-15k miles and you will be fine.

Quick Reply: Buschur