Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Evolution (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/)
-   -   Buschur (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-evolution-50/buschur-36875/)

KaiserEclipse 09-02-2010 09:13 PM

I know the unreliability of the gsx eclipse and pretty much any and all 1 and 2g eclipse's but i mean as far as the transmission mainly, and it all sounds good as far as the evo go's just need to find one which seem's to be the biggest problem for me lol

EMonz57 09-02-2010 09:32 PM

I don't see how they are hard to find. They are almost more common than 2Gb GSX's. They were a mass produced car. I see them forsale online everywhere. Gotta keep an eye out for them.

All I gotta say is go test drive and Evo and you will NEED to own it.

Gunther45 09-03-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by KaiserEclipse (Post 263092)
So I've been looking to buy an evo for awhile now (finally found one in Indy) and i found an 05 evo 8 Mr, but when i popped the hood i saw all sorts of stuff that said Buschur, but i don't think I've ever heard of this company, the car is a little above $23,000 with a little over 32k miles on it. I'd prefer to buy a stock evo but those are few and on the other side of the country, anyways is Buschur a good performance company or some knock off company that does more harm than good?

Bushur Racing makes performance parts for Evo's.I don't have any installed in my car , so I can't attest to the quality or performance gains. While I like to mod my cars, I would prefer to buy a used car stock and then Mod it. The problem with buying Evo's or Sti's used is usually the car has been beaten to death and abused. Why that is almost the point of both of those cars because they are fun. I would rather find a low miles stock car and then mod and beat it to death myself. Just my 2 cents.

KaiserEclipse 09-04-2010 06:37 PM

Id love to find a stock evo but that's like finding a particular needle in a stack of needle's just.. cant find that stack of needles lol i guess in my area they just don't show up for sale to often, im still looking for them hardcore though.

EMonz57 09-04-2010 09:40 PM

If you want to do it the smart way... Find the car that has the closest mods to the ones you want to do. Reason why.... from a person who heavily modded an even from stock............ It costs ALOT MORE to do it from scratch. You will have hiccups and headaches and you will at times loose the attraction to the car (if you go heavy in the modding and do the work yourself that is)

If I were to buy another Evo again I would find one with the closest mods to what I would want already on it. just for the sake of saving A LOT of $$

KaiserEclipse 09-04-2010 09:46 PM

I'm not looking to heavily mod it at first all id really want for now is upgraded intake exhaust and hard piping maybe a tune, once i get one my money will be going to paying for it completely lol.

EMonz57 09-04-2010 09:50 PM

Maybe a tune? A tune is more important mod than anything else you listed..... The least important is intake. A tune alone will gain around 30WHP over stock. With a lower IC pipe, turbo back exhaust and a MBC and your tune you will gain around 50WHP is not a little more.

Not to mention stock the Evo gets around 200-220 miles to a tank of gas. After a tune you will get around 280-300 to a tank

KaiserEclipse 09-06-2010 08:09 PM

more power and better mpg, wow, where and how much for one of these tunes lol

EMonz57 09-06-2010 08:32 PM

That all depends. You can mail your Ecu to places, you can Log yourself and email the logs to a tuner and get an email tune and you flash it in your self, you can bring your car to a dyno tuner and have them do it on spot or you can find someone who can road tune it.

Prices range from $100-$600 usually. You could learn the software your self and buy the nessassary things and tune it when ever where ever.

Here is a very good write up on the basics on where to start

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflas...-tune-evo.html

KaiserEclipse 09-07-2010 03:04 PM

thanks alot emonz, your a big help man