Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

clutch job hell !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 AM
Default RE: clutch job hell !!

i sure did. I bought diagqueen SAE 90 LSD gear oil, straight from a mitsubishi dealership. It's still doing it. When i shut it off and turn it back on, it'll go away, as soon as i keep driving it for like 5 minutes, all three will light up. This sucksss

helpp!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

did you put the right amount of fluid in?

Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM

Ok I found a few possible solutions for this problem. it is common on a clutch install but not normal. It happens often because the system is not bled properly after installing a clutch. nxt common issue is the fluid in the resivour is to low and as a warning all three lights come on (it is located behind the drivers headlight) and last problem that seems also common(not that bad but read it a few times)is the ACD pump goes bad and needs to be replaced warrenty covers it if your still covered that is (and have no mods that the dealer will frown on)

but a few things to tink about and try

Old 06-26-2007, 03:43 AM

ok heres what i did. I didn't know exactly how much to oil to put in the t-case, so what i did was used a pump with a hose and fed it into the drain hole. The i pumped fluid enough to were it began to spill out. which is ruffly, alittle bit more then half. I bled the transfer case maybe for like 2 minutes, but i dont know the exact procedure behind it so i left it at that.

I didnt know their was a resevoir, so i guess i'll check that out. and maybe it's low. I think maybe if i bleed it correctly, the three lights go away. But i dont know how! So does anyone know?!

the car hasn't been driven because i want to get it right before moving it. just in case something goes wrong

dude, thanks to everyone who is trying to help me out. you guys are awesome. serious

anyway thankk!! hope to hear soon.. i want my evo back on the streeetttsss

Old 06-26-2007, 08:31 AM

[hr]

There have been several people asking how to bleed the ACD system. so here is how.

1. raise car into air
2. top off ACD fluid resevoir
3. remove ACD bleed cap and open bleeder
4. power on ignition (but DO NOT start engine)
5. push accelerator pedal to the floor

the pump will run for ~5 seconds (sometimes longer)... repeat this until all air is bled from system... MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT EMPTY THE RESEVOIR OR YOU WILL HAVE TO START ALL OVER.

to stop pump from running (if it does not stop on its own (depends on ACD ecu type)) you will need to turn off the ignition.[/align]http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ight=bleed+acd[/align]http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ight=bleed+acd[/align][/align][/align]There ya go. just read up because I am not copy and paisting all of that lol. I almst garentee that will fix the problem[/align]