Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Evo vs StI vs WRx

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Default Evo vs StI vs WRx

I have a situation, Im looking at purchasing one of these 3 cars. The first being the evo but when you look at all the specs for it the sti is not that much different. Living in illinois you dont see too many evo's but you do see alot of sti's I also noticed that the sti/wrx is cheaper to buy. Now saying that Im looking at buying a car in the the 15-17k range. Ive talked to someone about the wrx and sti and he told me that the older wrx's are the same thing as the sti's they just didn't have the sti model. I was looking at the 2003-2004 year of these two cars. What do you guys think is the better deal? My personal preference is the evo but a better deal is a better deal. Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Default RE: Evo vs StI vs WRx

The Evos take to mods better than the Subies.
Subies are great cars, but in the end, you can sell the Evo at a higher resale than the Subie...hence the deals you see on the Subies. Actually, the deals on the Subies out there could be because there are many already around. High demand + high quantity = low resale for the local area. Vice versa for the Evo.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 AM

Test drive both and you will want the Evo. STi has better comfort options like cruise controll ect. The Evo takes MUCH better to mods and is a million times easier to work on. STi's have weak ringlands and they start to crack at around 400wHP where the Evo motor can handle around 530WHP.

The Evo has better handling. The WRX I would not even consider as they are MUCH MUCH slower and weaker the trannies are like glass and trust me they are not STi's the older models are very far from being an STi. Just and example the WRX all years in the US were 2.0L the STi is 2.5L in the US. THe STi also has a 6spd and the wrx only had 5spd which is weak.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

look around for deals on the EVO. They are out there for the price range you are looking at.