Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

got my adaptor and filter on.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Default got my adaptor and filter on.

all I can say is wow, what a difference. The blow off i so loud...hee hee. It was a PITA to install though because of the tight loc. I lost like 3 bolts and now they are in the guard under the car. Then I lost a bolt behind the computer box.. i think thats what it was, maybe it was a fuse box, I unbolted that computer box then lost the one bolt that connects the box to the fender, what a pain especially in the freezing cold.. Well I tighten everything up and then I had a problem with the adaptor, it wasnt perfectly the same size as what you had to connect it to, so the screw holes didnt fit to well, i got it on though, Oh by the way, the adaptor doesnt come with the bolts, so I had to find four to use, and some washers and nuts. After I got that on I moved to the injen filter, well that fit good except for the fact that thry pre oil everything and the clamp and rubber was all oiled too, I used some alcohol to dry it, after that I got it all on amd was ready........ I think I ran through a half a tank of gas just cause I wanted to hear the hks blow off...lol I am definately happy now. Now I just gotta jack up the car and try to find the bolts I lost in the engine bay somewhere, they probably came out when I was driving around but we'll see :-)

Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Default RE: got my adaptor and filter on.

Well I was trying to get the bolts that I lost inside under the motor but that damn guard thing is in the way, plus where the heck do you jack up the car from??? I looked and it seems you can only jack up the car from the sides.... do you guys know where to do this??? I wanna jack the car up tomorrow to get under the car and get into that guard piece but my fat self cant get there unless I jack it up. Thanks again.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:46 AM

need to jack it up from the side and unscrew all the 10 millions screw that hold the splash gaurd up in order to tak it off

glad you like all of it. I am suprised it was a pain of a install. Is that your first intake install? My EVO was like my 4th car or something I have done intakes on so not including the 100 times a Take them off and back on to do work and the Intake is one of the fastest and Easiest installs you can do

Old 12-10-2006, 01:16 PM

well pn my mustang I had done it twice, i tried a couple and found the one i liked. As for the evo, it was only a pain because it was so cold out and I dont have a heater in the garage, our garage is small so i have to keep the door open as i work on anything. But I was so cold and had buterfingers, The stock air box took me like 20mins to get off because of the way you really cant get to the bolts. The adaptor I bought from lancershop didnt fit to well.... The holes didnt line up to well and It took me a while to get the gasket were it needed to be without moving all over, Plus it sucks that the adaptor didnt come with longer bolts, the stock ones that are on the stock air box wont work, they were too short. But after all of the hastle and about 1 1/2hrs later I had everything done. I couldnt believe the difference in just doing that, the bov and spool sounded 100% better. I cant imagine how loud vta would be. After I parked the car after driving around for an hour an blowing a half a tank of gas I sat down to play some gears of war but then decided to drive some more...lol I went and got a full tank of gas, by the time i got home i blew another half a tank of gas..lol well guess i'll have to try not to give it soo much gas even though I wanna hear the bov. Hey Emonz thanks for recommending me to get that adaptor and filter, i love it.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:50 PM

Glad it all worked out for ya lol. I am the same way you do a mod and then drive it all day long. next thing you need is a exhaust and a tune to save those gas miles and get you some more power

Old 12-10-2006, 03:56 PM

sounds good to me lol. Well thanks again.