Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

how much power? possible evo buyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007 | 05:22 PM
Default how much power? possible evo buyer

hey i am new here and ive been browsing around and i wanna say that this is an awesome site for help. ive been in other forums for my car since i have a mazda 6 and not an evo.... but i wanna get one... thats why im here. and by the way... i read the rules before posting hehehe.

so i wanna know if its worth getting an evo and why... cuz i think the evo is awesome and i will probably get it but i wanna know what are some of the things that made you decide on the evo. this has probably been covered before but i dont know where it is. also... if i were to "upgrade" the following parts... how much power would i be running on the evo and also would i have to replace or modify anything else because of the mods? like the turbo?. if you have any more suggestions please tell me.. the mods are:

-intake and exhaust cams
-intake and exhaust manifolds
-turbo back exhaust
-intercooler
-BOV
-Manual Boost Controller.

any other suggestions or mods?

also... i dont know where it is so could you guide me towards it? im looking for a turbo back exhaust that is quiet. i dont like the sound of the evo and im looking for a stealthy sound... so is there one that would give me good power gains and still be quiet? i dont wanna sound like a civic. thanx. dont hesitate to email me if you need to. saavedraboy15@hotmail.com. again.... i will most likely buy an evo but i just wanna be guided in the right direction. thank you

Old 04-11-2007 | 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: how much power? possible evo buyer

moved to evo section...youll get more responses here

Old 04-11-2007 | 08:55 PM

ok with the mods you listed you will NEED a reflash. if you get an EVO IX youll be pushing around 400WHP maybe slightly less(dependin on the dyno used) and that power will run you into the high 11s most likly. you will also need injectors and a fuel pump to be a little more safe.

Now why I bought the Evo
I wanted an STi and really didnt like the Evo untill I drove one. The Evo is much more fun to drive. it has a stronger motor. and take much better to mods plus there is a bigger aftermarket than the STi. They are great cars all around. the handling s the seller. it has amazing cornering. it i a drivers car all the way. go test one out and youll want to have it

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:25 PM

thank you engineer and emonz... i really appreciate it...

i have driven a couple evos... but im too much of a chicken to drive it hard because i dont want the dealer guy to tell me to slow down be careful ya kno? besides i dont wanna mess something up and have to buy it... but it was good overall from what i experienced. the sti with a good exhaust sounds so sick! omg! sounds like a v8! sweet.

forgot about the flash.. hehehe sorry. ill add the fuel pump... which one do you recommend?

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:27 PM

and by the way... what makes the evo faster? im sure it has been covered before but i wouldnt know where to look... the evo has a smaller engine and less horsepower... whats up with that? why is it just a tad faster? and why does it take mods so much better than the sti? 4g63 engine compared to the boxer one? how is the evoX gonna be able to handle the mods? is it still gon have the aluminum engine as released? is that bad or good? im so lost

Old 04-13-2007 | 10:36 PM

I am putting a Walbro 255lph fuel pump in my car.

The Evo is faster than the STi prob because of gear ratios and divetrain. The Evo can launch better. the STi is 70% RWD the Evo is 50-50. and the 5 speed Evo means less times to shift in a drag race. The Evo takes better to mods because the motor is more effecient and requires less plumbing too. plus it is much easier to work on, and that is mainly why so many aftermarket companys go with more high end parts for the Evo VS the STi. The STi motor internals are only good till around 400WHP then the ringlands start cracking. The Evo internals are good till around 530WHP.

the Evo 10 will have a different motor all togethere completely new, it has never been released till now. 4B11 is the code and it is sopposed to make more HP stock. I cant say good or bad about it since it isnt out yet. All I know is it will be better in the corners than the current US Evos