Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Just Purchased Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Default RE: Just Purchased Evo 9

ORIGINAL: XTREME

Okay, I'm getting the injen intake w/IC pipe and the Perrin Cat Back Exhaust and downpipe.

I have one question with this. That means that you are keeping your cat then or do they say the downpipe will replace it? If it keeps the cat then the exhaust probably isnt worth the money. Your better off buying an entire turbo back system like megan.
No, if you replace your downpipe your original cat-back system is still on the car. If you keep the original cat-back system and replace your downpipe then you still will get some gains in horsepower, however the gains will not be as good as they would with an aftermarket cat-back system and downpipe.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:47 PM

that isnt always true there are DPs that bypass the cat other wise I have Megan DP and test pipe. so with Megan needs a Hi flow or test pipe.

I wouldnt run the stock cat on the 3 inch exhaust though aleast by a hi flow or the cali ralli cat

Old 03-22-2006, 11:46 AM

Okay, what about regular maintenance on my Evo 9? From what I've gathered Mobil 1 Synthetic 5-30w is the best oil to use but what about the oil filter? Should I go to the dealer and buy their filter or should I just get one from my local autoparts store?

Old 03-22-2006, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: XTREME

Okay, what about regular maintenance on my Evo 9? From what I've gathered Mobil 1 Synthetic 5-30w is the best oil to use but what about the oil filter? Should I go to the dealer and buy their filter or should I just get one from my local autoparts store?
I just get mobile 1 filter from autozone or something stick only mobile 1 on my car

Old 03-28-2006, 10:26 AM

You should try Quaker State's Q synthetic oil, it's awsome. I always use it and K&N make a sweet oil filter.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:45 AM

Quaker State makes the WORST oil....dont use it. it is known to gum up alot. and DONT use Fram filters either they are known to break down easy and have particles leave it

Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 PM

I don't know.................Quaker State's Q forumla worked really good for my car

Old 03-28-2006, 11:04 PM

ORIGINAL: skyline

I don't know.................Quaker State's Q forumla worked really good for my car
It is known for being really bad. I have never had a problem with it I used it in my first Eclipse...oh what then again that car did toss a rod threw the oil pan so im not sure, I doubt it is related though.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:10 AM

LOL bummer. Castrol isn't too bad either.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:28 PM

Well, I did some research and discovered that Mitsubishi Evo's come with Mobile 1 from the factory so I'm going to stick with Mobil 1 oil and filter. The thing that sucks is my jack doesn't fit under my EVO.....can't change the oil. I'm going to have to drive the EVO up on a couple of boards to get the jack under the car. I just ordered an APEXI turbo timer since I live in the desert and it gets pretty warm in the summer. I took the car back to the dealer a few days ago and got the gauges installed....they look sweet.

Oh, and my first victim was a 2003 Ford Mustang GT.....I didn't even really try YES!!!.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Just Purchased Evo 9