Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Just Purchased Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Default RE: Just Purchased Evo 9

is your car lowered?? why are you haveing trouble with the Jack?. and I could have told you they are born on Mobile1 well that and your oil filler cap only says mobile1 only on it... at least mine does lol.

Isnt it great to beat a mustang GT. I have toasted 2 in the past week or so. beat them extremely bad too hahaha

Old 03-30-2006, 06:12 PM

Oh yeah, the cap does say Mobil 1 huh....hadn't really looked at the cap too much. As for the jack problem, I'm sure my Evo isn't lowered but I'm using the jacks like they use in the tire shops...got if from Cosco. Maybe the 2006 Evo's are a little lower to the ground...?..?

I'm installing the Turbo Timer next Friday with my brother who has an Evo 8 equipped with an APEXI timer....put it in himself. I'll post some pics of my Evo after I install the Timer.

..and yes, I know I'm not supposed to rev my engine past 4,000 rpm's for the first 1000 miles but the two guys in the mustang were checking out my woman and we know that isn't right......turns out he should've checked out my car first... [8D]

Old 03-30-2006, 09:21 PM

Hahahahaha I would have done the same thing. Just go easy for a while lol. a turbo timer isnt a hard install. you will be fine. I def want to see some nice IX pics though. since you are the most active EVO driving member other than me and \_ \_ \_ Bimmer so it is nice to see some EVO life here

Old 03-31-2006, 02:28 PM

I need to get my Evo soon LOL

Old 03-31-2006, 03:24 PM

actualy i heard that if you have synthetic oil from factory, you should dump it, put in mineral and do some 3rd-4th gear pulls
down the highway, so all the moving parts like piston rings get seated right and "wear in" properly.

I know this sounds retarted, but this is the preffered method fro breaking in a street bike engine, and tests have been done
on same year model milage bikes- with the two methods: the carzy way had better results!!

if they would trust this method for such highly engineered engines, i would trust it for a car...

the thing is the dealer/manufacturer doesent want your engine to last long, so you will buy a new car after 100k miles...

the "baby break in" method is just a conspiracy to raise the economy of the automotive industry.

this is some of what i read on the net about this... dunno sounds crazy doesent it well, i gues one way to truly find out is to do an
engine test of my own...

EDIT: as for oil, go with royal purple synthetic+ THe best oil on the market and actualy proven to increase hp in rotary engines for example, the rotary guys usee this stuff alot.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:01 PM

Alot of rotary guy I dont think use syntetics at all. the oil is to thin for the motor or something like that... Ask NESpeed he has a 93 FD3 tt RX7

Old 03-31-2006, 05:34 PM

Well, I'm not sure about bikes but the new word is that "modern car engines" don't require mineral oil for the break-in period. Here is an article from Mobil - 1:
You can start using Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology in new vehicles at any time, even in brand new vehicles. In fact, Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology is original equipment (it is installed at the factory) in:

Aston Martin
Bentley Amage and Bentley GT
Cadillac CTS, XLR, SRX and STS
Chevrolet Corvette
Dodge Viper
Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
Mercedes SLR
Mitsubishi EVO
Pontiac GTO
All Porsche vehicles

One of the myths that surrounds synthetic oils is that new engines require a break-in period with conventional oil. The fact is, current engine manufacturing technology does not require this break-in period. As indicated by the decisions of the engineers who design the high-performance cars listed above, Mobil 1 can be used starting the day you drive the car off the showroom floor.
Now, your saying the engineers decided this so cars wouldn't last much past 100,000 miles....I find that hard to believe. Mitsubishi Motors and many of the other automotive companies are having trouble with profits and are on the verge of going broke so allowing a car to last only 100,000 miles wouldn't be a way to keep customers....?!