Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Manual Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 AM
ntx
Default Manual Auto?

any thoughts on the manual-auto transmission planned for the X?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4452

Old 01-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Banned
Default RE: Manual Auto?

I hate anythnig that dosent have 3 pedals.. in my mind it is defective!

5 Spd all the way!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I hate anythnig that dosent have 3 pedals.. in my mind it is defective!

5 Spd all the way!
to bad its been proven to far out perform a 5spd 6spd tranny. It shifts insanely fast. take it or leave it they will be faster. just like the supras. In the supra world if you want a fast car you buy and auto plain an simple you would be suprised actually how many people swap the 6 spds out for an auto

Old 01-23-2007, 07:31 PM

My last car was an auto and although it is always consistent at shift points and firmness and you dont have to worry about driver error, it take the fun factor out of owning a sport car or any type of car for that matter. After getting my evo and finally driving a manual car besides my motorcyle, I will never go back to an auto vehicle unless I have no other choice.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:47 PM

Plus, what about if you want to launch it? My son has a 3G Eclpise with a stage III RIPP supercharger. It has the Mitsu sporttronic tranny and although it puts down some good power. You can't get it off the line like a standard no matter what you try. Will owners have to swap ijn a race torque converter to make it go?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:16 PM

they are are paddle shifted the trannys are better than the sportronic. the sporty trany is a POS it robs ALOT of power and shifts horible. the paddle shifters shift faster than you could even imagine and the EVO im sure will have some thing to get it up and out of the whole. Alot of autos can out launch manuals. they can launch it into boost with out a 2 step

Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

I wouldnt mind that perticular auto trans only because it has a twin clutch system. one clutch for 1st, 3rd and 5th gear... and the other for 2nd, 4th and 6th... that way there is instant gear shifting... and it hasa computer that is supposed to predict if you are going to shift up or down depending on how your braking, rate of deceleration etc... so just incase you need to downshift... the gear below is right there when you need it and there is no downshift delay.

However... i just like my third pedal.. and thats just me.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:08 AM

I had a 3000stall in my oher car and that was great, before I had that installed I had the stocker which was like only 1500rpms or something like that, when I took it to the track I couldnt launch it above 1800 because it would start spinning the tires, but with the 3000 omg, the car was freakin crazy off the line. But stock I couldnt even sqweek the tires from a dead stock and flooring it, even brake torque'n it. But for the evo X even if it does have a higher stall they wont go crazy on it because of the TC that we all have come to know and love, no way will they put a high stall.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 AM

huh? have you not heard of a 2 step? the EVOs now use 2 step to launch it is like a 5000-7000 stall what ever you want it at. the car rev limits hard at whih ever RPM you pick and it builds boost and you take off out of the whole at like 14 PSI. the T case takes it well. the TC is not as bad as everyone thinks it is. I mean there are 500HP EVOs making 10 sec passes on them so how bad can they be. It is mainly driving style that kills them if you drop the clutch youll drop your TC after a while.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:03 PM

The FOG mobile is goin back in on Feb 9th. I'll let you know how strong the transfer case is when she comes back I'm hoping my next investment is not a tow truck . LOL Emonz 57, I'll have some pricing for you in mid Feb. if your still interested.

I think GotBoost is talking about the "stall" of the torque converter on an auto car

Quick Reply: Manual Auto?