Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Manual Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Default RE: Manual Auto?

Wait a minute........don't we all have 3 feet. two on the ends of our legs and the 12"....oh...never mind

Old 01-25-2007, 12:41 AM

Old 01-25-2007, 01:12 AM

This system is going to be a joke. It will probably have a huge delay in shifts, in both auto and manual mode. It will probably also slip the clutch like a bitch between shifts to make the car smoother, resulting inlots ofclutch wear.

They'll porbably put some kind of launch control on it to, so you can tell the ECU to drop the autmated clutch at 7K for a hard launch. Then after its burns up in 3 runs, you can pay $4K to have a new one installed. Mitsu, always coming up with new ways to make cars ****tier.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:32 AM
Banned

WRONG **** stick. Read my post ****er. Try actually knowing the facts before you make retarded statements.

We dont go on your forums and talk random **** so why do it here?

Old 01-25-2007, 05:30 AM
ntx

ORIGINAL: Domesticboy

This system............................
[sm=sleeping.gif]

Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM

**** stick?........thats hilarious!..

Old 01-25-2007, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Domesticboy

This system is going to be a joke. It will probably have a huge delay in shifts, in both auto and manual mode. It will probably also slip the clutch like a bitch between shifts to make the car smoother, resulting inlots ofclutch wear.

They'll porbably put some kind of launch control on it to, so you can tell the ECU to drop the autmated clutch at 7K for a hard launch. Then after its burns up in 3 runs, you can pay $4K to have a new one installed. Mitsu, always coming up with new ways to make cars ****tier.
what a toolbag... youve been under a rock obviously. Mabe TH400 or 350 trannys ring a bell to you. you do under stand those a faster than YOU drinve a manual right. the paddle shift trannys will shift even better. I thinksome one is still sour cause my EVO walks LS1s like they are hondas

Old 02-11-2007, 08:25 AM

i think someone should post a thread on how exactly a transfer case works, because alot of people have the misconception of what it actually does, and how launching a car puts massive stress on it. Maybe when readers find out why dumping clutches shatters it, then they'll knows its not the transfer cases that were built weak from mitsubishi, it's the inexpirience drivers that give it such a bad rep. Tcases will last 10 s passes just fine, if the propper launch is performed.
As for the paddle shifting, it really takes the fun out of driving with knowledge, or expirienced drivers in general, but it's alot faster and effective. I think it's just time we accept times are changing.

Gus

Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 AM

I like the idea of an autostick in the EVO. It's a perfect car with an almost perfect tranny...you get the best of both worlds having the capability of an auto and manual-ish tranny. If the tranny is lighter and not so bulky as a standard automatic tranny, great...if the tranny has some sort of higher stall torque converter, great...if the tranny...well, you get the idea.
It would be even better if they used the paddles on a manual tranny though. An auto tranny is, to me, such a lazy, parasitic, and a heavy mechanism. It's a great invention, but I'd rather a manual. I've had both and the only time that having a manual sucks is when you're stopped on a hill going up with the car that is behind you, is right on your ***. Talk about heal-toeing it, not to mention really revving and slipping my clutch! I'll give it a year and a half, if that, before they introduce a manual tranny into the EVO X, whether it be a 5, 6, or both + the auto.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

stick is easier to drive in snow, it is better on the motor (if your drive normal) it is better on the drivetrain and it is very easy to learn and drive. seriously took me like an hour and I could drive a stick. Granted an EVO is not my first but still.
actually, thats all totally incorrect. an auto is far, far better on both the engine and driving in adverse conditions, as it allows the PCM to control it.. not a person.

most car companies would probably toss the manual away entirely if they could, as its much easier to get an auto to pass emissions and meet milage expectations, too.

Quick Reply: Manual Auto?