Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Noises???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Default Noises???

Just have a question, when I drive my car and park it, while im the minute or two for the turbo cooldown time, I notice that there is some sort chattering or something??? When I engage the clutch all the way the sound goes away, when I let it go it comes back, is that normal?? Is the plates making that sound?? Plus I think I have a loose wire somewhere on the front passenger side somewhere, when I drive with the windows up I here this sound all the freakin time, its driving me crazy. any ideas??? I think Im gonna go to the local mitsu dealership and have them look at it. Unless you guys say different.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Default RE: Noises???

Before test driving a new 06 MR, we heard a "chatter" from the engine bay before starting the engine with the key in the ignition. Starting the engine and then shutting it down, stopped it.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:57 AM

No he is talking about the throw out bearing it is normal they all do it slight little rattle sound when clutch is pressed down at idle

Old 09-14-2006, 05:10 AM
ntx

ORIGINAL: GotBoost

Just have a question, when I drive my car and park it, while im the minute or two for the turbo cooldown time, I notice that there is some sort chattering or something??? When I engage the clutch all the way the sound goes away, when I let it go it comes back, is that normal?? Is the plates making that sound?? Plus I think I have a loose wire somewhere on the front passenger side somewhere, when I drive with the windows up I here this sound all the freakin time, its driving me crazy. any ideas??? I think Im gonna go to the local mitsu dealership and have them look at it. Unless you guys say different.
my ccar does the same thing, i'm fairly certain it's normal.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:55 PM

My Evo also has this chatter when the turbo timer is active. I heard from people it was one of the belt self tensioners. Mitsubishi isn't the only ones that have these noises. You'll hear them in Toyota's and Honda's on occasion.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:13 PM

It's the start of the Evo's end. Most likely you have a loose rod or something....ha ha!!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: SRT4

It's the start of the Evo's end. Most likely you have a loose rod or something....ha ha!!
your *** and prob pay other to work on your qwer neon cause you def no nothing aoubt car with that response. To bad they still make EVOs and no SRT neon I wonder why hmmmmmm?? which car has a better motor I wonder

Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SRT4

why even bother comming on this site. You must have alot of time on your hands

Old 09-14-2006, 03:53 PM

I think he needs some action, lol. People are bored of them Neons, can't find anyone desparate enough to take him on....

Old 09-14-2006, 04:10 PM

your *** and prob pay other to work on your qwer neon cause you def no nothing aoubt car with that response. To bad they still make EVOs and no SRT neon I wonder why hmmmmmm?? which car has a better motor I wonder
I wonder what it says about the members of this forum, and thus the owners of these cars, that the Assistant Administrator makes such tolerant, reasonable, well-thought-out, and above all articulate responses? Hmmmmmm??

Quick Reply: Noises???