Mitsubishi Evolution For eight generations now, the Evolution has been the leading name in AWD performance, both on the road, and off.

Tranny help asap

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Default RE: Tranny help asap

ORIGINAL: Evo2nv

okay thanks. thats def helps alot. Now with the stock clutch over aftermarket. I honestly don't think i'm getting full release on the clutch was i can feel the gears dragging and the syncro's working overtime. I know u suggest the the exedy twin disc , but I honestly don't got that kinda money and done some reasch and clutch master makes a decent clutch . So i'll more then likely for now go with the stage 1 clutch from them. would u go kevlar or stick to an organic disc and sprung hub or non sprug hub?
I would recommend going with a ACT setup if not a twin disc. ACT's are very good you just cant always rev up to 7800-8000 RPMS and make shifts. My suggestion is that because then you have a clutch capible of holding power so when you mod the car the clutch will always be ready. I mean you can get one that is a decent price range and be able to hold you way up and over 400HP most likly

Clutchmasters is not a brand you hear of often when talking about Evo that is why I say go ACT because at least half of the Evo world runs ACT regularly its just the more HP you go and higher revs you want the more youll need a multi disc

Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM

good to know. okay well on lancershop they got an act clutch and flywheel kit

The ACT Street EVO kit will hold up to 497LBS Torque. This is a full clutch kit, Includes street clutch disc, heavy duty pressure plate, alignment tool, act streetlight flywheel and throw out bearing. This clutch kit will easily hold 450+ HP. $767 bucks.

Now is it worth upgrading the flywheel . The stock flywheel is 13.9lbs and the act flywheel in the kit is 13lbs. now .9 lbs basicly 1lb isn't much or is it. So should i just do the clutch or good deal to do the fly wheel and clutch kit.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Evo2nv

good to know. okay well on lancershop they got an act clutch and flywheel kit

The ACT Street EVO kit will hold up to 497LBS Torque. This is a full clutch kit, Includes street clutch disc, heavy duty pressure plate, alignment tool, act streetlight flywheel and throw out bearing. This clutch kit will easily hold 450+ HP. $767 bucks.

Now is it worth upgrading the flywheel . The stock flywheel is 13.9lbs and the act flywheel in the kit is 13lbs. now .9 lbs basicly 1lb isn't much or is it. So should i just do the clutch or good deal to do the fly wheel and clutch kit.
Check the seasonal deals on EvoM vendors. im sure someone has a act/fidanza combo for cheaper