Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

1990 gallant sl battery help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Default 1990 gallant sl battery help

had to replace the battery on my gallant, problem is the positive terminal wouldnt come off... so i disconnected the clamp looking things from the metal bit that actually touches the battery

the clamp things that i am talking about comes in two thick wires with metal pieces the bottom one (i assume its the bottom one) is completely flat, the top one (again assuming) kind of looks like a bracket [ only with the "teeth" facing down.... the metal piece that touches the battery has the tighten bold on the circle that touches the battery... and the part that connects to the wires/flat pieces has two nut holes and what looks to be rivet for a screw... there is also a flat metal piece that goes to the top of it that screws on top of the flat pieces (i think)

the problem is i cant figure out how to put them together again

sorry for the dummy car language i know practically nothing about cars hopefully someone knows what i am talking about i have googled, youtubed, and searched everywhere on the internet for some answers hopefully this helps

O=8 <--the piece that touches the battery kinda looks like this

|8| <-- the piece that screws to the top of the piece shown above

and the "flat pieces" i keep talking about

7 <---- bottom flat piece kinda looks like this

]= <--- top flat piece looks like this kinda.... both "flat pieces" have a hole on the top of them (i assume to connect to the part that touches the battery)

something that looks so simple is so confusing and seems to be a crucial part to getting the car running correctly