Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

2 codes. PO3000 AND PO102 -Galant! weeeooo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Default 2 codes. PO3000 AND PO102 -Galant! weeeooo!

I drive a 2.4, 4 cylander 2001galant. About a year ago I was cleaning the the throttle body out with a tooth brush and abottle of teflon intake cleaner. The cleaner ran down into the IAC motor ports and ruinedtheIAC motor.So I baught a new (used) IAC motor... Slappedit in there and whata ya know it ran. Ever since the idle goes to 1500 or more then drops as low as 500! Varrying likea woman. I also replaced the Throttle Position sensor for fun. Suddenly about 3 monthes agoI was driving and smelled a funk, a reaky one. The radiator had a hair line crack in it justbelow the fill capand was drippinggew. Thats when the Mass airflow sensore was reporting a code, never figured out whatthe code was exactly.. It vanished soon after I baught a newradiator and put it all back together and did a dance. The steering also wanders with the rifts in the road, making me have to forcefully hold the steering wheal against turning. This is I hate. But to make it abundantly clear with every oneI just wan't to fix this idle issue. The reason I knew the tp and iac were bad is because I used a volt meter. Thats right,I measured the correct DC current against them andthey were out of range so I changed them. So should I (Like I'm already thinking) get a new IAC and assume that this one is funky? I can't find my slip of paper with the correct current ranges for the IAC so I can't check it. Perhaps some one here knows, I don't have an owners manual. Right now I'm getting these 2 codes, PO3000 AND PO102.

Ps, I bought some Mass airflow sensore cleanerand sprayed it down, runs a bit better perhaps... Probobly the plecebo effect from chong. I knew it wouldn't help but I felt he needed something, after all I did use his meter to pullthe codes..

As long as you help me fix this were cool mitsubishi otherwise you made a powerful enemy.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Default RE: 2 codes. PO3000 AND PO102 -Galant! weeeooo!

I can't believe how helpfull this forum is...

Old 12-09-2008, 03:12 AM

I don't want to rattle the brains of these intelligent worms too much but I will tell you all that I have fixed the issue with my galant be installing a new "used" IAC motor. In the 1999 to 2003 model GALANT be weary of replacing IAC motors with ones with a rounded body. This is not the right part. The correct part for this car has a squarebody that locks into notches in the housing of the iac motor when retracted.

Here is the wrong part, do not install this in your 1999-2003 galant.
http://www.stealth316.com/images/isc...ew_model_1.jpg

The correct part will have 4 ridges like 12,3,6,9 on a clock that recess back into the isc housing. The incorrect part also has a thick wide back end, the right one has a skinny back end. Hope this finds it's way to some one who needs it.

Also, this fixed the 2 codes completely, I feel bad for people who get tricked into replacing 100 different things and really just need a new IAC/ ISC. My ISC was testing in ohms just fine, HOWEVER was either not working correctly or the wrong part. I suggest that it was from an earlier model since my 01 was not fitted with that exact looking part to begin with. So, thanks for giving me a place to help others with the same problem.

PS, youre ISC/IAC should be tested in ohms between 28 and 33. If still your idle is irradic and it tests in range you must still change the IAC/ISC. 90 percent of the time this is going to be the problem since the only thing controling your idle is the iac. Most other things would much more sever if they were malfunctioning. Remember if your idle is up and down, just put a new IAC motor in it. Gday and good luck, it's a tricky world.

Old 12-09-2008, 04:05 PM

actually, the correct resistance spec of the IAC motor is 45 ohm. The old ones was 30.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:45 PM

:O ... siiiiiiiiiigh... I'll get the ohm meter... [>:]