2011 Galant SE engine power decrease - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:52 PM

Default 2011 Galant SE engine power decrease

a year ago the car had an accident, a front end collision which might have a small minor hit with the engine. This month the car came back looking perfect but there was engine codes and a few problems. It has an automatic 4 speed transmission with the 2.4 Inline 4 cylinder the SE grade.

The engine was for the CO2 sensors and I took care of them by fixing the wiring and also with had a cooling issue. But itís fixed. Now when I start the car it and the engine is cold. It has almost all its power. But never breaks the tires loose. After the engine gets to the operating temperature the engine power just feels like it disappears in low RPM. So I could slam my foot on the gas and it will feel like am dragging 2 tons so itís initial start up is slow all through to 5 K RPM then after that itís becomes better and like itís normal. Going on mountain roads are also difficult. Before the car would cruise on the road. Going to third gear and moving. Now I have to keep my foot down and keep the RPM high with the AC off and Itís nerve racking.

I donít know what to do or what to check anymore. If anyone has any suggestions to what to change or do I would to try. Am just trying to get the car back to original condition to use.