Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

After Market Cruise Control for 2008 Model Galant and an attaboy for Mitsubishi.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Default After Market Cruise Control for 2008 Model Galant and an attaboy for Mitsubishi.

I bought a used 2008 Galant with 970 miles on it 3 weeks ago and it doesn't have cruise control. Anybody know of a good place to get cruise installed in the Atlanta area? I've called dealerships and none of them do this work and all of them have said that Mitsubishi doesn't offer a kit for it either. So it looks like an aftermarket brand is what will have to be installed.

I actually thought all Mitsubishi's had cruise and I didn't even bother to check it when I test drove it. Anyway I would have bought it regardless since it had such low mileage and a great price.

I would also like to add that the Galant's are the best cars I've ever owned. I also own another Galant, a 2003 model, that I bought used with 9,900 miles on it back in 2003 also from CarMax and it now has over 171,000 miles on it. The only thing that's ever been done to that car, besides regular maintenance items such as batteries, tires, shocks, etc, is replace one oxygen sensor and it just happened to be the easy one to get to right in the front of the engine. That's the reason I bought this 2008 Galant is because of the way the 2003 has performed.

I originally thought I would need a 6 cylinder but after driving these little 4 cylinders it would be a waste of money in my opinion with the way the 4 cylinder runs since all I'm interested in is basic transportation. You can load it down with people and luggage and it doesn't slow down on a hill. Great little engines that are apparently bullet proof!!

I averaged putting a 1,000 miles on the 2003 a week and now I average 1,000 a week in the the 2008 of which 860 miles of it is on the Interstate from Jackson, MS to McDonough, GA and back. My daughter in law now drives the 2003 and it only gets driven locally these days. I would say it's a well deserved break for the 2003 model.

I change the oil and filter every 8,000 miles using Castrol Syntex which is obviously a good oil and K&N oil filters. I've never had to add the first drop of oil between changes. The inside of the tail pipe on the 2003 is as clean as a new piece of pipe probably cleaner. You can take a white rag and rub the inside of it and there's little if any soot. The 2008 tail pipe is clean also but not as clean as the 2003. Amazing in my opinion since it's basically made a trip to the Moon without failing to start or leaving me stranded a single time.

All I can add is...way to go Mitsubishi!!

Old 06-16-2009, 05:43 PM

you will not be able to install a cruise control

the car has "drive by wire" throttle. there is no throttle linkage. there is no throttle cable.

the pedal is merely hooked to an accelerator position sensor. It is a self-contained unit.
there is no way for any aftermarket system to modulate the throttle.

It is weird that mitsu made one without cruise, being as it probably cost more to manufacture it without rather than include it on all.. But thats the way it is.
It was only not included on the base model, if I remember correctly.