Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Camshaft Position Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Default Camshaft Position Sensor?

My '94 Galant ES pulled up a code for a faulty "camshaft position sensor." As I understand it, this was only on models with electronically controlled power steering. I just bought this car about a month ago and I am not too familiar with Mitsubishi. How can you tell if you have electronically controlled power steering or just standard power steering. I also don't know for sure where this sensor would be located. The only guess I have would be inside the distributor. If this is the case, is the sensor part of the distributor unit? Or can I replace it seperately.

While I'm here, I should throw the other issues out there. Maybe you guys can help with them too.

First, (well I guess second), Is the driver power window is having problems. It is trying to go up crooked, but this seems to be caused by it "sticking" to the window seal on the door. It gets about six inches from the top before it is so out of skew it won't go anymore. If you roll it down a bit (to get it re-aligned), and apply pressure downward on the rear of the window, it goes up straight. The windows seal makes a horrible, nails on chockboard, sound going up and down. The rear driver's side works fine, but makes the same noise going down. Any clues here, or just replace the seals and weather stripping along with the front window regulator (I think the part that attaches to the window and slides in the vertical track is probably trashed from going up crooked for who knows how long.

And last, for now, the tire well in the trunk is constantly moist. But nothing around it is. The carpet and the padding under it are dry on both sides and in front, and the back is, well, the back of the trunk, but nothing is wet there. I stuck a powered de-humidifier in there a couple weeks ago, which left it bone dry, and it it is soaked again. Any help here would be great too.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Default RE: Camshaft Position Sensor?

Visit www.galantforums.com and post in the 7G section. You should find someone there to help you out. Good luck!