Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Dashboard Re Sets When Car Shuts Off HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 AM
Default Dashboard Re Sets When Car Shuts Off HELP

Hey guys!

I have a habit of going into description a bit too much but... I have a 2006 Mits that I bought less than a year ago. Everything is perfect and its in great condition... However, I've had a serious issue with my car re starting intern clocks and what not after it's off for more than ehhhh 30 seconds. My automatic locks also don't work unless the key is in the ignition. I didn't much of care about the FOB when I left the dealer but I took it to Napa & the Fob works... It's something in the mits that doesn't. I've done a TON of research online and it doesn't seem like anyone has a real idea they can shoot at me. One of the things that I believe may have been the case was that the car came with that large yellow sensor from the dealer that they put on while its in the lot. But I took that out and nothing changed. The following resets every time: Radio, Odometer, clock, everything on the dash really. The lights also wont turn on unless the key is in the ignition which is odd. I know this is kind of a variety of problems but... Does anyone have any idea of how these could all be related to a specific problem? The battery is perfect, its positioning is right on so I ruled that out as the re set problem. And I check fuses on a two-three day basis. It seems like I've rulled out fuses. My next guess is probably some type of wiring issue.

Has anyone had to deal with this nonsense or know someone who may have? I'm just at such a loss I've tried everything I've read online. I'm already a girl as it is so my mechanical abilities don't reach to the starts

Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 PM

loose/faulty accesory circuit. Git yer multimeter out.
Start at the ignition barrel and work from there.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:29 PM

****. Sorry. Too much homebrew for lunch.
Memory circuit. Ie constant voltage. Probably doesnt go up to the barrel. Start at the fuse panel and work from there.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! I will try this out. Im going to have this checked out ASAP I appreciate your help

Old 07-27-2013, 06:30 PM

hmm. 2006. Might actually be new enough to have computer problems. Still. Start with the basics. Also check your grounding points in the dash.