Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Engine Cranks, but won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Unhappy Engine Cranks, but won't start.

Hey everyone I need your help as soon as possible please. I recently changed out the radio (head unit) in my 2002 Galant. After I had recently had changed it, I noticed that the radio and lights wouldn't turn on at all. I checked all the fuses and two 10 amp fuses were blown under the hood in a small yellow box. I removed the ECU to get access to them and replaced them. Now the car cranks, but won't turn on and the radio works just fine. I took the fuel pump out and gave it direct power and it works. I took out the boots from the cylinders, and I get a perfect blue spark. I think my fuel pump isn't getting any power, but I don't know how else to get the power going through because I tested every fuse (under hood and under the driver's side panel). I have been working this for a week now and I can't get it. I'm in need of help guys please please please!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:08 PM

Ok guys, I've been working my car today. I finally got it to start. All I had to do was replace a relay that was located on the driver's side panel next to the door. There were 3 empty slots and I added the third relay. Just for anyone's reference if it happens to you. Thanks if anyone tried researching for me!

Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by MoralesG89
Ok guys, I've been working my car today. I finally got it to start. All I had to do was replace a relay that was located on the driver's side panel next to the door. There were 3 empty slots and I added the third relay. Just for anyone's reference if it happens to you. Thanks if anyone tried researching for me!

Hi man.!! I have the same problem with mi Mitsubishi Galant GTZ. But I dont Know what happen. Where you bougth the 3th relay??