Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

have some questions on if i should buy..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Default have some questions on if i should buy..

Hi guys, this is my first time on the forums and i know extremely little about cars. My friend is willing to sell me his 94 galant to me for 800bux because he doesnt want it anymore. He says that there are3 things wrong with it.

one of the windows only go down about 5 inches ( i assume its just a regulator problem)
He also says that it shakes when he goes past 70mph ( i read somewhere that he needs to get his wheels aligned)
The check engine light is on and he doesnt know why nor did he get it checked. (im not sure how a big of a problem this might be..)
im really interested in getting it because its a 94 galant with 102xxx mileage. and hes giving it to me for 800.

i was wondering if those 2 problems could be serious probelms in which i would have to spend a load of money to fix? Also i heard mitsubishi has tranny problems. Other than that i dont really know any cons of purchasing it. And also how should i be servicing this car specifically.. i know you have to get a oil change every 3k and a transmission oil change every 9k but i was reading and some have mentioned changing the timing belt and water pump at 100k. Any comments, suggestions or advice would help me greatly. thanks!