Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

how to put on cyber 2 body kit

Old 10-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Default how to put on cyber 2 body kit

ok i got a problem i dont no if its the guy doin the work but he sayin that my cyber 2 body kit is no fittin on my car need help on how to install it he said the front bumper dont fit cause of the crash bar n also she sayin that the back bumper dosent fit cause its to big if n e one can help me out it would be great help thanx

Old 10-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Default RE: how to put on cyber 2 body kit

Sorry to say this but if this guy can not install this kit then he is either afraid of insurance claims or he doesn't know what he is doing. I would probably take it to another shop because this problems happens to alot of kits and different cars and he should know how to fix it.

First for the front bumper he is going to have to make a custom impact bar. Cut the old one off and then install something smaller:

For the rear the sides just wrap around and need to be glued.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Default RE: how to put on cyber 2 body kit

yeah man I just had the same problem. there is a post somewhere on here about it. Basic story I got the same kit. after I got into an accident. I had the car at body shop and they wouldnt install the kit cause of having to do a custom crash bar, and cause the kit doesnt bolt up perfectly. but the kid working on my car at the shop works at another shop also and agreed to put my kit on there. and everything is fine, Like Prophet said the for the front the crash bar needs to be cut, the sides just get screwed on, and the rear bumper wraps around the quater panel, it was glued on there and then screwed down in the wheel well.

pics are in this post

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_28284/tm.htm