Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Im kinda hesitant of getting a galant... help me out

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Default Im kinda hesitant of getting a galant... help me out

Im looking into getting my next car and the car Ive been looking at is the 8g Galant
Now Ive found a few for an incredibly low price which i find tooo suspicious.....
Cars of that size shouldn't cost $3,000 im thinking there must be something terribly wrong going on...
The cars im finding aren't even rebuilt titles.. they are all supposedly clear.. im confused

I really like the car and im hoping you guys could tell me otherwise.. I hope its just quick depreciation..
Ive been seeing alot of issues with the sensitive tranny and so on....

So what are some of the problems the 8g galant has? Are the mitsu parts really expensive like european cars?
Also what should I look out for when buying galants with 100k miles and over

I know alot about cars so give it to me st8 if you want...

Old 03-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Im kinda hesitant of getting a galant... help me out

Yeah, unfortunately Galants have terrible depreciation and resale values, but otherwise are pretty good.

Some of the things to watch out for are warped rotors, and cracked intake manifolds at the throttle body for the I4. Also, our engines (at least the V6) have a habit of getting lifter tick, but its not a big deal.

Parts aren't expensive - about average. Aftermarket support is pretty weak, but it does share the same engine/suspension as the 00-05 Eclipse.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:46 AM

Nice.. thanks for the tip... So now im pretty sure ill get the galant

Nothing to crazy... in the problems area so im convinced to get one.. ill prob get it sometime this month so.. ill post some pics when i find a suitable one for my needs...

Im glad to be part of the community... i'll be posting around soon

Old 03-23-2006, 12:36 PM

the fact that the galant depreciates so aggressively makes this an ideal second hand vehicle.

As you would expect, its reliable as a japanese car would be. Offers the basic amenities, adequate power, and fuel economy.