Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Moisture in taillight

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Default Moisture in taillight

I noticed about 3 weeks ago that i have moisture in my left tail light. How can i fix this? Its an '05.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Like I usually tell people who post questions, if you have a factory manual, it will show you where everything is, and more importantly , the steps you need to follow to take something apart and re-assembling. Believe me, a good investment.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by _93TSI_370+K_
Like I usually tell people who post questions, if you have a factory manual, it will show you where everything is, and more importantly , the steps you need to follow to take something apart and re-assembling. Believe me, a good investment.
all i have is an owners manual and that does show where everything is but not how to take it apart.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Default Service manual...

You may be able to go to your local library and find a service manual for your car, otherwise try to find one online to buy. Best ones are from the vehicle manufacturer. Usually there are panels in the trunk area that can be removed to allow access to change the rear brake/tail light bulbs. If you can get to these panels and remove them, you may be able to get the bulbs out, to allow the moisture to evporate. As it is a closed container, airflow is almost nil and it will take time to evaporate the moisture, don't know where you live. But as it is fall in the Chicago area, it is much dryer and it would evaporate into the dryer air.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by _93TSI_370+K_
You may be able to go to your local library and find a service manual for your car, otherwise try to find one online to buy. Best ones are from the vehicle manufacturer. Usually there are panels in the trunk area that can be removed to allow access to change the rear brake/tail light bulbs. If you can get to these panels and remove them, you may be able to get the bulbs out, to allow the moisture to evporate. As it is a closed container, airflow is almost nil and it will take time to evaporate the moisture, don't know where you live. But as it is fall in the Chicago area, it is much dryer and it would evaporate into the dryer air.
****, they dont even make a book for my car yet and its like 6 years old. I did see a cd rom on repairs for like $200 or $300 i think.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:28 AM

I hate when people answer this way. "Get a manual", "Read the manual" or "Search". If you can't offer some meaningful advice, keep your mouth (fingers?) shut. Someone intelligent may offer an answer. Afterall, isn't that one of the reason for the forum. Manuals, even if available, are sometimes very vague. Don't waste time belittling others.