Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Need professional advice. Turns over but wont start.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Default Need professional advice. Turns over but wont start.

Hello guys! No lie. I didn't went to the new members are because I'm not looking to stay!

I'm willing to pay some ca$h if requested if I get my issue solved.

I really need some help with this crazy issue. If anyone willing to help that will be awesome. Thank you!

So...
2003 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L Automatic transmission.

Turns over strongly with a lot of compression but wont start.

CEL throws 2 codes. Crank and cams sensors.

The engine has new coils, new timing belt which is 100% in correct time.

New sensors crank and cam sensors.

Fuel pump works. Starting fluid will keep the engine running but shutoff once starting fluid is released. Yes it does sparks and it hurts a lot if I get shock while testing.

200% sure ground isn't the problem.

My dad wants to turn the car on but I believe first I need to get rid of those two CEL codes but how?

I haven't (NOT) tried a new ECU because this ECU was working with the older motor as this new motor is a swap to replace the old blown motor.

Maybe a relay is causing the engine not to turn on?

Why the CEL still throws the 2 sensors code when the sensors are brand new?

Any thoughts? Thank you very much!

Any help is very appreciated! At least a message saying "IDK" it will be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 01-10-2014, 09:49 AM

Starting fluid will keep the engine running but shutoff once starting fluid is released... fuel problem,..........CEL throws 2 codes. Crank and cams sensors. ......bent pick up wheel from changing timing belt

Old 01-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by mxmikie
Starting fluid will keep the engine running but shutoff once starting fluid is released... fuel problem,..........CEL throws 2 codes. Crank and cams sensors. ......bent pick up wheel from changing timing belt
Thank you very much for your reply! Appreciated!

My dad called to the dealer and they told him the problem could be that vehicle came with 3 different ECUs models.

So probably the problem was after doing the motor swap this "new" motor runs with one of those 3 ECUs but obviously wasn't the same one as the old motor.

He called the junk yard to get the ECU from the car that motor was pulled out and they told him the car got crushed so he got a random ECU from other same model vehicle and it worked.

So the problem was the ECU but the ECU wasn't bad. The problem was a wrong model ECU.

Yes I'm talking about a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant 2.4L with automatic transmission. This vehicle model comes with 3 ECUs model and can't be interchangeable.

If this is true or not it's to blame the original Mitsubishi dealer technician who told us that.