Mitsubishi Galant A sporty mid-sized sedan offering the perspective buyer a change from the normal mid-size sedan class.

Are strut bars worth it?

Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Default Are strut bars worth it?

Hey people, im wondering if a front strut bar & rear lower tie bar would be a significant improvement on a '00 galant 2.4. When I lay into a turn & theres any bumps or anything for that matter, the rear end starts to slide a little. Its not like I can avoid defects, I live in NY for God sakes lol. I changed my rear tires a while and there was no difference. I also changed the rear sway bar links, one was broken. Are they worth it?

Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Banned

Not unless you're racing the car in a competitive environment. The reason the car slides is either due to crappy tires or suspension that needs maintenance. Either that or driver error.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 AM

Thanks for the blunt response. I doubt its me for the simple reason that this is the only car to behave like this. My 01 taurus & 88 nova, both FWD never acted like this on the turns & believe me, I push it. I need to change out the struts & would like to get coilovers for a few reasons, but namely because they are the only pre-assembled struts I could find. I have a compressor but I dont have an area to work & my shop wont let me work on it unless I pay & another tech has to do it. Ill get them soon & hopefully that corrects it. Thanks