Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

04 lancer es

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Default 04 lancer es

hey question i have a 04 lancer es auto, and i just got a short ram air intake from ebay so far so good now my question is how do you install it? is there anywhere where i can get directions or books on how to modify cars thanks

Old 07-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Default RE: 04 lancer es

Installation is fairly simple. did you get one w/ the intake pipe or just the adaptor? the front portion is pretty straight forward there are two tabs at the front of the factory intake in front of the radiator (I've yet to remove w/ breaking so don't sweat it you don't need them.) and 2 or 3 bolts for the factory filter box. take out the filter and remove the front portion of the factory intake. there are 4 bolts on the mass sensor box to remove the rest of the fac intake. They will not work w/ the adaptor they are bonded to the box. if your kit didn't come w/ them (mine didn't) you will need 4- 1/4"x2" bolts for the adaptor. simply bolt on the adaptor and intall the cone filter. the hard part is done. if your kit came w/ an intake pipe simply take the hose clamps off of the fac rubber intake and replace w/ the piping that came w/ your kit. should look close to the same as factory. you're done except for bracing it. the metal strip that came w/ the complete system should allow you to brace it from underneath. if you got just the adaptor ( like I did[:@]) the factory intake piping isn't strong enough to hold it[:@] I had to brace mine w/ zip ties from my strut brace. I am getting a full kit soon. hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Default RE: 04 lancer es

man you should have got the cool air intake, but it pretty close. Also look at speed chips. You should black out your head lights, looks great on any lancer. For instructions go to evolution.net in how to section.