Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

04 lancer es 2.0sohc engine died at high way speed now only idels for few sec.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 09:02 PM
Default 04 lancer es 2.0sohc engine died at high way speed now only idels for few sec.

Sorry for long title but my 04 lancer es had been running fine no issues and was on high way and stoped running like running out of gas but had gas while on side of road called parts store and had them deliver 4 spark pluggs wire set and two coil packs with fingers crossed (and yes they deliverd them to me on side of road ) but did not fix car started and reved up two times and died then would no longer let me rev with out dieing and only idel for 10 to 15 sec so had towed home next day got in it after couple tryes it fired up and I thought it cleared up because it made two all out hell ride laps around house but then die and now back to cant give it gas or dies instsntly or idels for 10 to 15 sec.any help would be great I have orderd a new fuel pump and upstream and downstream O2 sencers but will not be here for few days till a week because of Christmas I put my obd2 scanner on and got p o421 warm up twc bank 1 p 0455 evap emission gross leak (found a bad vac hose replased) p 0443 evap control valve p 0113 AFS temp. Sencer p 2228 baramitric pressure circut low input p0732 A/T second gear ratio incorrect I dont hear fuel pump when key is in on position but thats nomal on evo's but idk about mine but pulled back seat removed fuel line and had some pressure and shot out gas when engine was turning over so im thinking maybe weak pump and bad o2's thats all info I have at this time will play with tomorrow and put new air filter and got some mass air flow cleaner and cleaned mass air flow thank you any help would be great