Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2009 Lancer GTS power outlet not working?

Old 03-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Default 2009 Lancer GTS power outlet not working?

Hi, I have a 2009 GTS. So far it is absolutely awesome. I love it! I have the new Droid phone and Verizon made a cool little device that mounts my phone as if it were a Garmin navi. With this device it also plugs into the power outlet and charges my phone. It is basically a car charger with a cool holder. The problem. The outlet inside the middle console works great but the outlet that is infront of the shifter will not work. Is this a problem with that outlet or is it not powerful enough?

thanks for the help

Old 04-13-2010, 09:53 PM

You talking about the one on the bottom part that is the 120V thing like the smoke lighter? If so It should be charging it. I also have a droid phone and it charges mine there.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Default mp3 jack/power outlet

i've got the same problem. just discovered it last weekend. tried to connect a fm transmitter for my ipod. no power. i've got power from the one in the center arm rest. dealer says i have to bring it in.

also, what's the deal with the mp3 jack in the radio/navi system. i can't get that to work either. any ideas?

thanks

Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Default i fixed mine

if you are having the same problem then you have blown a fuse. Under your hood there is a box close to the battery. Open it and underneath the lid are some extra fuses. Then go intro your car and where your left knee would be while driving is a panel that you can pull out, behind it are your fuses. look at the back of the panel and it shows where the cigarette fuse is. you must replace that fuse. I will warn you, its very hard to get to. I had to get needle nose pliers to pull it out. Once replaced it works fine.

I do not have a navi in mine. ALthough I couldnt figure out what I needed for my Ipod to hook up. I had to go to bestbuy and buy a cable that connects to your ipod then is an audio cable like what would go in the back of your TV. this cost me $20.