Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Adding 20 amp power outlet to rear of 08 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Default Adding 20 amp power outlet to rear of 08 Outlander

Just picked up the Outlander on the weekend and have been trying to find information on how I would go about installing a 20 amp power outlet in the rear of the car.

I am going to be buying a 3 way fridge for camping and plan to install a 30 amp/hour battery in the back of the car. The battery pack that I am looking at comes with cables for charging and the battery isolator to fit under the bonnet. The isolator needs to be fitted to the accessories wire (from what I have read, fuse #25 is accessories) and to the main battery. The isolator ensures that it does not drain the main battery when the ignition is switched off.

So the main thing I need some advice on is how easy it is to run a new power cable from under the bonnet to the rear of the car. I know in some cars people run the wire through the black flexi-conduit and down the undercarriage of the vehicle. Personally I would love to work out a way to run it through the inside of the car. Has anyone done something like this (maybe for installing an amp). I was planning to run it on the opposite side to the existing power outlet.