Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

2010 Sportback Ralliart downshifts

Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Default 2010 Sportback Ralliart downshifts

I just got a 2010 Sportback Ralliart and I am enjoying it so far. The car has one strange behaviour trait, and I would like to find out if others are seeing this before I head to the dealer.

For the commute, I don't use "Sport" mode on the transmission. The behaviour that is troubling me is under braking the car does downshift, but seems to still be "driving", that is it's actively fighting the brakes causing me to have to push much harder than I think I should be. When I lift off, it does not slow down in the same way I am used to from the standard transmission Mini which I traded. It also doesn't seem to feel like a regular auto box car during throttle lift-off. I'm used to driving those, and am used to them not slowing down quickly when you lift off, but when you brake it doesn't feel like the car is trying to drive actively into the brakes.

Did I explain what I'm experiencing? Any other Ralliart owners out there with the TC-SST that have this?

Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM

No-one?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:49 PM

i have a RA also.

i hated the down-shifts in auto mode.

i now drive 99.9% of the time in normal / manual mode.

i enjoy doing the up-shifting when driving any way.

you can then down shift at what ever RPM you like as well.

the tranny ( even in manual mode ) will down shift automatically when coming to a stop.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:43 PM

I've started downshifting manually as I brake for a turn or a stop light. Seems to behave better, but it's still not how I expected. I thought that when you lift off entirely then it would close the throttle like a standard transmission car would, and it doesn't seem to do that.