Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

8th Gen Lancer ES fuesable link question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Default 8th Gen Lancer ES fuesable link question

I have an 8th generation lancer es which is my wife and I's daily driver and the only way we can get to work about 30 miles away each day anyways long story short any help would be greatly appreciated you'd be literally saving our jobs/lives b/c this has made us late and stranded many times. Anyways the problem started when our battery would die occasionally because the positive terminal would become loose and pop off resulting in battery drain i secured it problem solved. Then the car began dying every time we tried to start it and I would have to move the terminal around until it turned over then re secure it with a screw between the post and terminal. Now this isn't working. To even get the car to start we have to have the car jump started and the battery, which is good, can not maintain a charge because it can't get any connection to the alternator due to the faulty fuseable link connected to the terminal (which is also faulty im assuming)...even if it could maintain a charge the car can't start because of the terminal not making a connection and/or the fuesable link being faulty not letting it make a connection. Well i guess my question is what do I need to replace the fuesable link (little gray box with a fuse in it) and/or the terminal to the positive post. I was under the impression i had to order it from the dealership but i can't afford to wait for it and get jumpstarted for a week I've heard i can go to NAPA and get one if I know the amperage and it will work. What exactly should i ask for at NAPA (if this is possible) and what is the amperage I need. Also what exactly is involved in replacing this part i know it runs to the alternator so I don't want to make any mistakes.