Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

air conditioning and heater

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Default air conditioning and heater

my 2003 mitsu lancer es blows luke warm air even i put on aircon or heater?someone help me plz bout this problem maybe i can fix it myself i dont want to spend a lot on fixing it...thanks

Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 AM

the cables that control your hvac system have been known to fail. some times the cables themselves fail, and can be replaced. temp **** will feel funny or not go all the way to heat or cold if it happens. most of the time the cables fail is because the doors in the hvac box get stuck or debris gets in there and blocks them from moving. hvac box will have to be removed and blend doors inspected. hvac box in located behind the dash. the heater core and the evaporator are inside the hvac box. this is a big job, dash has to come out, a/c system has to have freon removed, coolant has to be removed. very involved job. dont attempt if you dont have very good automotive knowledge. seriously.