Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Blew two starters!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 05:13 PM
Default Blew two starters!

We brought a 2014 Lancer w/ slow crank w/ p0017 cracnkshaft position error. So we took out the engine, found a broken time chain guide, fixed it, and put back the engine. Now the car become no crank, no start, no sound, nothing. (We haven't put back everything such as headlight, A/C, etc., just necessary to start the car.)
1. We found the original starter is dead. Took out the starter, disassemble everything and assemble it, find both motor (directly connect to battery doesn't work) and solenoid (couldn't open it) were dead, couldn't fix them.
2. We brought a new starter, installed to the car. Same problem, didn't start the car, and found the starter again dead.

Now we think the problem is in electrical. Then did a parasitic draw test (at about 0.5 amp) by simply pull out the fused one by one. When pulling out the one called "control unit relay" fuse, no.8 in the in car fuse box, it dropped to 0. What's this "control unit relay", and how can I fix this? Do I check each unit diagram to locate the problem? There are so many!

Can anyone give me some guidance?

8​ 7.5​ A/C-ECU, column switch, combination meter, ETACS-ECU, key reminder switch, KOS-ECU, power window relay, wireless control module <vehicles with KOS> and receiver antenna module <vehicles without KOS>

Mitsubishi Lancer (2007 - 2017) – fuse box diagram - Auto Genius

Mitsubishi Lancer (2007 - 2017) – fuse box diagram
www.autogenius.info

Thanks a lot!
Jirong