Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Default DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**

[hr]

I would not recommend anyone to buy the 2008 Lancer. The car I bought, 1st the A/C does not work the first day , they have to replace it. 2nd the upgraded stereo is SH*T because it doesnt even pick up the regular FM stations clearly! 3rd the lens on the fog lights just cracked. I mean what kind of sh*t car does Mitsubishi make now a days. I NOW KNOW WHY THEY OFFER SUCH A LONG WARRANTY PROGRAM, NOT BECUASE THEY WANT TO ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS, ITS BECUASE THEIR CARS ARE BADLY BUILT.

For the 5 days I had my car it was in the shop for2 days. So you think about if you want to buy a Mitsubishi now. I bought my car from the Vancouver Mitsubishi dealership, and the sales manager said that its 'normal' for things like this to happen. He said it happens in like 1 in 20 cars. So I would not buy a Mitsubishi at all, you mightget the1 in 20 car like me. I have to bring it back to the dealer again to fix it. They have to replace like everything, I think they should just replace the car[/align]

Old 05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned
Default RE: DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**

You know what? You should have looked into this BEFORE you bought a car. It happens to EVERY SINGLE car manufacturer. Honda too.

What are you going to do now? Buy a Ford? Good luck.

They have such a long warrenty because they are confident in their product.

There are ALWAYS defects. Thats why everyone says... dont buy new cars.

Stop bitching. Its under warrenty

Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Its only breaking b/c its Canadian [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-09-2007, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: micowave

[hr]

I would not recommend anyone to buy the 2008 Lancer. The car I bought, 1st the A/C does not work the first day , they have to replace it. 2nd the upgraded stereo is SH*T because it doesnt even pick up the regular FM stations clearly! 3rd the lens on the fog lights just cracked. I mean what kind of sh*t car does Mitsubishi make now a days. I NOW KNOW WHY THEY OFFER SUCH A LONG WARRANTY PROGRAM, NOT BECUASE THEY WANT TO ATTRACT MORE CUSTOMERS, ITS BECUASE THEIR CARS ARE BADLY BUILT.

For the 5 days I had my car it was in the shop for2 days. So you think about if you want to buy a Mitsubishi now. I bought my car from the Vancouver Mitsubishi dealership, and the sales manager said that its 'normal' for things like this to happen. He said it happens in like 1 in 20 cars. So I would not buy a Mitsubishi at all, you mightget the1 in 20 car like me. I have to bring it back to the dealer again to fix it. They have to replace like everything, I think they should just replace the car[/align]
That sucks man, so far I am happy with mine

Old 05-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Every car is different, just as everyone has different experiences. Sorry to hear of your luck with your Mitsu, but there are 19 more folks that are happy with theirs.
Like Sebba stated, it's not just Mitsu. Welcome to the real world where life can throw you a bone or throw you off a cliff.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: micowave

[hr]

hes completely full of crap. I garantee none of that has happened, and hes just looking for attention.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Hey its in the warranty isnt it, dont complain, as long as it gets fixed i dont see a problem, agreed with sebba and silver

Old 05-09-2007, 06:33 PM

This car seems to be built just as well as nearly every other new car from my observations. And every new car isn't without its problems. I had my 08 Lancer GTS in the shop for 4 days only a week after I had owned it to fix the stereo system. That one issue asside, the rest of the car is flawless -- I'm extremely happy with my purchase. If you're concerned with new car problems then don't buy new, and take a look at your jurisdiction's lemon laws which may protect you from ongoing problems.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:39 PM

Hey. I know how you feel about your car breaking down on you at every second possible, but it happens. Even my sisters BMW was like your car and was in the shop quit a few times. It happens. You could report your car in as a "Lemon Car" according to the Lemon Law in a few states. This means that you must have 3 things that have been broken and been fixed but still keeps on breaking. I may be wrong but in the state of Georgia we have that law. And also my older sisters Mercedes Slk230 does the same thing as your Lancer. Lol I guess my family is kind of bad with luck in cars. But they came to appreciate their car because they dont want to report their cars in. But ask your local dealer about the "Lemon Law" and see if your state supports that cause. If it does you can exchange your current 2008 Lancer with a brand new one with no cost. Once again I may be wrong. But no need to tell people not to buy the Lancer. Some people might listen and some people may not (like me because I like this car) lol. But anyways we all have different tastes. Good luck I hope this post helps you and doesnt start a commotion.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsumotors

Hey. I know how you feel about your car breaking down on you at every second possible, but it happens. Even my sisters BMW was like your car and was in the shop quit a few times. It happens. You could report your car in as a "Lemon Car" according to the Lemon Law in a few states. This means that you must have 3 things that have been broken and been fixed but still keeps on breaking. I may be wrong but in the state of Georgia we have that law. And also my older sisters Mercedes Slk230 does the same thing as your Lancer. Lol I guess my family is kind of bad with luck in cars. But they came to appreciate their car because they dont want to report their cars in. But ask your local dealer about the "Lemon Law" and see if your state supports that cause. If it does you can exchange your current 2008 Lancer with a brand new one with no cost. Once again I may be wrong. But no need to tell people not to buy the Lancer. Some people might listen and some people may not (like me because I like this car) lol. But anyways we all have different tastes. Good luck I hope this post helps you and doesnt start a commotion.
Case and point.
Don't blame the brand OP, it just happens and apparently it even happens to the best of them. Nothing new.
I agree with Mitsumotors that there's no need to tell folks not to buy this car. It's your opinion, make it your issue and not Mitsu's as a whole. So, I also agree with Sebba's last statement to stop bitching about it and get it taken care of.

Quick Reply: DO not buy the 2008 LANCER **Warning**